Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you post off?

Options
  • 03-03-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering whats popular among the UCD boardsies. Just post with what you use, be it desktop or laptop and your hardware.

I'm on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L7300 (piece of trash) laptop with Ubuntu 7.10, 60GB hard drive, 512MB RAM and internal 64MB graphics.

What OS do you mainly use? 15 votes

Mac OS X
    0%
    Linux
    80%
    Red AlertPennyLaneBreezerThomas_S_Huntersontywyemeraldstarconor563ant043Ado86RIP-sanityOSIjustified 12 votes
    Windows
    20%
    NichololasNotoriousstereoroid 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

asus eee.
    Originally Linux, but now windows because it started to really piss me off.
    4 gig ssd, 8 gig sdhc card, 1 gig of ram.
    perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Linux
    macbook. the best laptop i ever bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

dell vostro 1500
    2gigs ram
    15.4 inch screen
    vista business
    2.0ghz intel duo core
    256mb video card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Linux
    I have a strong feeling this is going to end up predominantly Windows, a slightly higher than normal amount of Mac users due to their prevalence among students, and a handful of Linux people. Basically the same proportions as in any other situation.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I'm on an original model MacBook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Linux
    My macbook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Dell XPS M1330
    13in WLED screen
    2.4Ghz proccesor
    250gb HDD
    2GB RAM
    Fingerprint scanner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

my lappy:
    17" @ 1920 X 1200
    windows xp pro x64
    intel core 2 duo @ 2.2ghz
    4GB ram
    320GB HDD
    256mb nVidia geforce 8600GT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

eh mine is

a laptop
    a Dell one
    dunno what kind
    1 gig of ram
    80 gigs of HD i think

i'm so down with this techie sh!t :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

a Thinkpad:) run XP,extremely smooth,3years and everything is perfect!

and my desktop,AMD X2 6000+,2G RAM,gigabyte mobo,but with a crappy video card bought years ago!8800GT i am coming when ya price is nice!

needless to say i have 2 external HD,160GB&500GB,desktop internal 320GB&160GB:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

HP Pavilion ze4961ea upgraded to 1GB ram and a 160GB hard drive.

15.4" screen and an intel centrino processor.

His name is Dudley and save for a xp reinstall due to a bang I gave him one day he rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Dell Inspiron 1501
    I'm running XP Professional at the moment but a friend of mine is supposed to to install Ubuntu for me at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Dell Inspiron 1501, Athlon Processor. Ees my pretty, I wuvst him so.

WIndows XP, because I like games too much to use a different OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

^
    Do you find your Dell Inspiron 1501 too heavy to actually carry around with you or is that just me?
    I'd say I've taken mine to college less than 20 times in the last year.

I have no problem, but all I usually have in my back is it and a refill pad. I've had to carry it with books once or twice, and that was overly heavy. With just it, a pad and some loose sheets, it's grand.

Of course the other factor here is that I am a man!! Hurrr! Arr! *further manly noises*

=p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

^thank god you have been cycling with tat heavy bag but no accident so far!:p

our mod surely is a manly man lol

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

should this not be in a foreign language forum??

i have a laptop.it is white and silver.it has a keyboard and a big screen.

It is great.

The End. :o

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ^thank god you have been cycling with tat heavy bag but no accident so far!:p

our mod surely is a manly man lol
    I did almost run into some poor girl when I started talking to someone while cycling... To the poor girl I almost ran into - Sorry!

*poses in a manly manner*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Windows
    My old Compaq Presario notebook, from the days when Compaq was a company, and not just a brand of HP. 5-1/2 years and still trucking, though I have had to clean out the internals and reseat cables. Currently using a 6GB drive from 1999AD, having eaten through two newer 30GB drives. Running Ubuntu Linux 7.10.

(I have to laugh at those who bemoan the fact that the MacBook Air has "only" 64GB SSD for an extra $1000. Wussies! I'm also looking at an Asus eeePC as my next machine, the upcoming model with the 9" screen and 12GB SSD.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

eh think I do most of my posting at home, on Windows.........

In college I usually post from my iBook (still going strong -- sorta -- after 2 years!), then finally Linux in the labs (like I am now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Windows
    Dell Inspiron 6400, dual-booting Windows XP and Ubuntu 7.04. I divide my time pretty equally between the two but it's Ubuntu at the moment so I chose Linux in the poll. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Linux
    I usually post off my MBP these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

60/40 Vista and Ubuntu.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

I still port around my IBM X30 with XP on. little beaut of a lappie, it's only 1.2 PIII-M, 512 megs of ram and 40 gig hard drive, no optical drive, but light as anything and sturdy as hell (apart maybe from the bit of expoxy stuck on one corner where it got a bit cracked from being dragged around UCD every day for four years!)

I have a newer laptop at home, but don't really feel like changing yet :rolleyes:

Advertisement