Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

e90 320d - some questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What a stupid thing to say, so someone buys a 330i for €70k with the M sport option is a knacker?

Just because you can't afford one - sad
    Correct on both counts.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

m pack for knackers :confused:

fair enough, but id hate to be the mug trying to sell an SE in 4-5 years time when everyone is looking for a sport ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭corboy

Hi Lads and any ladies,
    great info in this thread, makes for great reading, just wondering what the craic is with the E90/E46/E30, not sure what these refer are they specs that each model comes in?
    What is the IDrive that is reffered to in the thread?

Excuse the ignorance,icon11.gif
    Thanks,

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

E90/E46/E30 = the model code - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW#Series_Generations
    As for i-drive, its the on board computer that controls loads of routine systems - See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDrive

The E90 is the current (2005 on) 3 series saloon, the E46 was the one before, the E36 came before that and the E30 before that again. iDrive is a silly knob by the gearshift.:)

• Advertisement

Excellent, thank you

Will IDrive come with all 06 320/520 se's, do I want it if deciding between 2 cars 1 with 1 without?
    If the current version isnt great will the software be upgradable or is it a harware issue?

Any thoughts appreciated

corboy wrote: »
    Will IDrive come with all 06 320/520 se's, do I want it if deciding between 2 cars 1 with 1 without?
    If the current version isnt great will the software be upgradable or is it a harware issue?

Any thoughts appreciated
    It will only come with cars with factory nav. Personally, I wouldn't buy a car with nav - the BMW system ruins the aesthetic balance of the dashboard. Plus, a Garmin will do the job much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

iDrive is rubbish, even the latest version in the 7 series is still quite flawed(though much improved over earlier versions).

Avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭O7Pat

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.

E92 still toying with your suggestions for going for 08, not sure I can make the figures add up with my budget (and defo not for anything bigger than a 320) Problem of course is if go 07 then (to get vrt reduction) has to post september so not along way off of 08 prices.

The 320d m comes with 17" 45's on the front and 40's on the back; do you think it would be possible to put 45's on the back as well? (I have 40's on 18" at the mo and as mentioned elsewhere would prefer a bit more give on the roads I drive, in fairness have slight mark on one alloy so that may be affecting comfort?)

On the saloon 320d is there room for a spare wheel/space saver or is it just the runflats. Approx what is the price range for runflats and do many places do them.

For servicing is it possible to get a gizmo that downloads the data from the key? At the moment just use an ordinary garage (non main dealer) for servicing and he goes through the list for oil,service 1 and service 11 and checks everything everytime.

Thanks again for all help so far and apols for all the questions again it just a very big purchase for me and want to make sure I am thinking of everything.

Ps.
    Afraid to ask this but here goes - e92 you have mentioned in alot of threads that "your not the greatest fan of idrive" :) just wondering is there a specific reason or is it just not as good as the others, have been lookin for some thought on it on bm forums but must look again.

• Advertisement

Sorry won't allow me to edit.

Final question on this (I hope :) )

For imports is it - over 6,000 km and over 6 months old
    or is it - over 6,000km or over 6 months old ?
    ie in order not to pay vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Cyrus wrote: »
    m pack for knackers :confused:

fair enough, but id hate to be the mug trying to sell an SE in 4-5 years time when everyone is looking for a sport ;)

Yep. M Sport ones seem to be in demand. Looking for a E46 320d M Sport myself.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

O7Pat wrote: »
    Sorry won't allow me to edit.

Final question on this (I hope :) )

For imports is it - over 6,000 km and over 6 months old
    or is it - over 6,000km or over 6 months old ?
    ie in order not to pay vat.
    from here...
    13. When is VAT chargeable and payable?

New means of transport from other Member States of the EU
    In the case of a new means of transport i.e. land vehicles (excluding agricultural tractors) that were supplied six months or less after the date of first entry into service or have travelled 6,000 Kilometres or less, VAT is chargeable and normally payable at the time of registration in the State, even where there is evidence, e.g. an invoice, that VAT was paid in the country of purchase.

kbannon wrote: »

Thanks dude that may open up new options for me and may make some of e92's suggestions manageable - might, shock horror, even look at a petrol model.
    Niall1234 wrote: »
    Yep. M Sport ones seem to be in demand. Looking for a E46 320d M Sport myself.

seems to be more of them about now, the e46 m seem to be coming down in price now as well and seem to bec real value. (Making it harder to sell my ordinary one!!)

Any thoughts on downloading the data from the key for servicing -- ie can it be done without a main dealer?

Sorry for the late reply current only sporadic access to net.

Advertisement