Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Music

Options
  • 03-03-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Ok im just getting my mp3 player set up and looking for some good music
    so come on for those of you who are bored give me some good songs with possibly a link where i can hear it before buying
    im interested in pretty much anything except that dance rave crap

Thanks
    Wierdal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Dance/Rave, ehhh? :D

Well.... Here's 2 great tunes by the Happy Mondays! ;)

"WFL (Wrote For Look)" [NOT Full Version]

"Halleujah (Club Mix)"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Aren't you doing things a little backwards? Why would you get an mp3 player if you have no music to put on it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭wierdal

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Aren't you doing things a little backwards? Why would you get an mp3 player if you have no music to put on it? :confused:

i do have music i have about 70 songs for a 4gig player but my prob is when i find a good song i listen to it non stop and then get fed up with it after about a week so always looking for new songs

wierdal wrote: »
    anything except that dance rave crap.
    I know what you said mate, I was only trying to have some fun with ya... :p
    Okay then, here's another 2 songs by the Happy Mondays... :D Don't worry it's not Dance/Rave. ;)

"Step On"

"Kinky Afro"

:cool: Rave On, Al, Rave On (don't take that last bit seriously, it's just what we say :rolleyes:)

thanks for that Nailz, was looking for that first song Step On anyone else??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Curtis Mayfield - Little Child

Alan Parsons - Eye in the Sky

The Divinyls - I Touch Myself

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Bump

Gloria Estefan - Conga

gotta be somethin in there you like...

gotta be somethin in there you like...

yeah i have the divynls(or however its spelt)
    and just getting conga now thanks

keep em coming plz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

have you checked out that new artist duffy. she sounds like a bit of a youing aretha franklin or diana ross. not too bad. she from wales.

Will post up a few songs by the Blue Oyster Cult later, can't at this moment in time. And on Duffy, she's an absolutly fantastic singer, best new artist this century I reckon.

"(Don't Fear) The Reaper"

"Burnin' For You"

I would extreamly suggest those 2 songs, 2 great riffs as well!

• Advertisement

thanks just got Don't Fear will take me a while to like the other one

Okay, grand then, but I just can't get enough of the other one... I'm flicking through the iPod to find I think is good... I think it's apropriate to mention Wierd Al Yankovic??

yeah would have never thought of good oul wierd al tbh im fed up of him now nothing good anymore maybe one or two songs here and there buts thats all
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Bit of advice, don't get songs, get albums!!! If you're just listening to individual songs you'll soon get sick of them and will find it more difficult to give other songs by the artist a chance. Of course, if you're going to get an album you'll want some idea of the music, so as soon as you like the sound of an artist you should get their album, not just continue listening to the same song. You should be able to fit about 70 albums on a 4gb MP3 player so make use of it. And there's some great dance/rave music too, don't reject any genre, there's good music in all.

In all fairness this lad /\ is right, I suggest get the Greatest Hit/Very Best Of from a band and it you like it buy more. By the way things are going to fill up a 4Gig MP3 player takes 1000 songs, and filling that by individualy picking songs won't get you too far.

From what I suggested get these albums;
    Happy Mondays - Greatest Hits (Loads of great songs from them not in that aswell so I would say you should take a look a `Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches` too.

Don't Fear The Reaper - The Very Best of Blue Oyster Cult Everything from BOC is right there.

I would also think around the lines of Stone Roses, heres 2 from them...

"Fools Gold"

"Waterfall"

Advertisement