Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'boring' chicken fillet

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

You're really gona have to get inventive with marinades I'd say.
    However I do agree with most of the posters that I'd go for grilling, roasting or even stirfrying any day of the week. Really there is no nutritional difference other than the temp, just don't use oil!! Problem solved!

If its a case youjust bought yourself a new gadget and you're looking for new ideas. You can steam lots of puddings, veg. I use a steamer to defrost burger and hotdog buns then bung them in the oven for a couple mins. Perfect soft fluffy buns every time....

Bottom line I guess we don't get why you insist on using the steamer for the chicken breast???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Nordwind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steaming

I haven't just bought a new gadget. I've steamed a lot of my food for the past couple of years but was just curious to see if others were doing the same (obviously not). The steamed chicken fillet is much nicer than the one that comes out of the george foreman although I've never put anything on it when putting it on the grill.

Looks like I'm just going to have to add stuff to it after it's cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You forgot to say thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Nordwind

Nordwind wrote: »
    Thanks for some of the replies...the ones that take into account that I will be steaming the chicken and not putting it in the oven/frying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

sueme wrote: »
    You forgot to say thanks.
    You forgot to suggest anything.

You can tie the chicken up with herbs and bay leaves and things and steam it that way. If you really want to be gay about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement