Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks - Finnegans Roundabout

Options
  • 03-03-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

I'm at a loss to figure out what they're doing here.... is it an attempt to ease congestion of outbound traffic?

They seem to be laying new roads around the outside of the roundabout (left of Dublin exit, and at the Newport exit)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anything here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

I understand that the layout of the roundabout is changing.

Remember the road to Nenagh is going to be a motorway and the Southern Ring Road (from Finnegans towards Adare) will join it using a flyover - have a look at the two mounds of earth, one just beside the Newport road and the other on the left after passing the roundabout heading for Dublin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Delphi91 wrote: »

Yep it will be totally changed as far as I know - for the new motorway. I guess traffic will be chaos. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes it's to facilitate the upgrade of the N7 from Limerick to Nenagh, to motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Delphi91 wrote: »

I remember being told that the roundabout there is only temporary and will be removed when the road is completed. That said, I haven't seen any of the plans. I think they're available through the county council offices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement