Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.4 Ghz Receiver.

Options
  • 03-03-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello again.
    Here goes, i have a specktrum radio but I don't have a Receiver for it. Will any 2.4GHz Receiver work on it?:confused:
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Just as cheap to get the spectrum one while you are at it. Have you got anything to put the receiver on ?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Tower hobbies don't sell Spektrum, I only shop with them like:o I only have the revo to put it into so far:( I want one before that thing in Navan, im going to go up and see.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Hi Plug
    The 2.4 GHz system is "make specific". You had better stick with the same make for the receiver as for the transmitter if you want to avoid problems.

What kind of problems?:(

Rx not understanding signal from Tx.
    Spektrum, Futaba, and JR use different ways of sending the information in their 2.4 GHz systems..

• Advertisement

Are they any conpatable with spektrum?

No. Each is a completely different system. The others won't work. And of course your older gear wont work either.
    That's why I'm waiting for 800 Mhz to come out next year.
    Best of both systems, and I change once.
    35 & 40FM will do me until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Spektrum, Futaba, and JR use different ways of sending the information in their 2.4 GHz systems..

Spektrum and JR use the same system, they have merged together to bring out one 2.4GHz system. However, beware of spektrum's 6ch Tx as its mainly for short rage distances and has its own 6channel Rx that its suited for.
    Futaba uses Futaba FASST (Futaba Advanced spread spectrum technology) which is not compatable to spektrum/JR.
    Although I have never tried it, the main problem I would think you would get with incompatable Tx and Rx (2.4Ghz that it) is that they may not bind on initial setup which is done on the bench. With 2.4Ghz systems I would stick to same TX and RX make...

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Plug wrote: »
    ... I want one before that thing in Navan, im going to go up and see.

Whats happening in Navan?:confused:

Mutz wrote: »
    Whats happening in Navan?:confused:

Navan Nitro Nuts.
    Have a look at their webpage ;)

• Advertisement

syl77 wrote: »
    Spektrum and JR use the same system, they have merged together to bring out one 2.4GHz system. However, beware of spektrum's 6ch Tx as its mainly for short rage distances and has its own 6channel Rx that its suited for.
    Futaba uses Futaba FASST (Futaba Advanced spread spectrum technology) which is not compatable to spektrum/JR.
    Although I have never tried it, the main problem I would think you would get with incompatable Tx and Rx (2.4Ghz that it) is that they may not bind on initial setup which is done on the bench. With 2.4Ghz systems I would stick to same TX and RX make...
    Thanks you gave me some hope. The radio is the 3 channel DX3.0.
    Ok anyone going up to navan, Are you going up vectra?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

The DX3.0 uses DSM modulation, make sure the Rx is compatable with that and not spektrum DSM2 modulation. Best to get a Spektrum DSM modulation Rx.

Plug wrote: »
    Ok anyone going up to navan, Are you going up vectra?

Not at present.
    Later on in the year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

vectra wrote: »
    Navan Nitro Nuts.
    Have a look at their webpage ;)

www.nnn.ie

MiCk B. :-)

Advertisement