Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason- reddrum question

Options
  • 03-03-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey, im just messin around on reason im a bit stuck with the reddrum programme,

what im tryin to do is make different beats for different parts of songs but i can't get it on to the track without the beat i have made playing constantly through.
    its probably something really simple so if any one has a way to do this it would be great if you could let me know!

thanks alot, shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

It sounds like you have redrum in loop mode running from the "run" button as opposed to using midi data to control the sounds within redrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

A closer look will show you there are different patterns available. Choose a different pattern and program the different beat. Then you can automate changes between the patterns. Old Skool!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

studiorat wrote: »
    A closer look will show you there are different patterns available. Choose a different pattern and program the different beat. Then you can automate changes between the patterns. Old Skool!

Yeah, Old Skool!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

If you untick the orange button called "Pattern" - that should do it.

Its just above the 1 button - under channel 3.

Allright man..
    if you've got a couple of beats programmed up..as in one on pattern a1, one on a2 etc..(you change the pattern down near the bottom right hand corner)..You can then chose which pattern is playing ther by hitting the button with the three stripes in the top right hand corner of the sequencer screen, and then the pattern select button, which is kind of brown, about half way over on the top of the sequencer screen..Then just draw in where you want said section of the beat in the track lane, and select which pattern by hitting the top left hand corner of what you've just drawn..there should be an a1 there, which you can just click on and change..If this is a bit long winded its cause im at work..you might just be able to draw a few bars in the track lane and change the pattern, not sure..hope this helps..p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Jobs a good'un!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shanegiven

i don't know if i explained this right, not very good at the whole thing in general.
    i kind of want to be able to have beats i have made and treat them like say a dr.rex loop in the track i.e copy it, move it around and what not. just so its there and not playing constantly.

thanks to everyone so far also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

shanegiven wrote: »
    i don't know if i explained this right, not very good at the whole thing in general.
    i kind of want to be able to have beats i have made and treat them like say a dr.rex loop in the track i.e copy it, move it around and what not. just so its there and not playing constantly.

thanks to everyone so far also!

If you right click on the beats pattern select copy pattern to track, then as mentioned above select an empty pattern and repeat the process. Likewise with Dr.rex you can right click and copy pattern to track.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shanegiven

perfect!!!! got it and thank you very much!!!!
    thats been wreckin my brains for so long!!!
    cheers all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

shanegiven wrote: »
    perfect!!!! got it and thank you very much!!!!
    thats been wreckin my brains for so long!!!
    cheers all!!!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement