Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red light when connecting through wireless

Options
  • 03-03-2008 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Can anyone help me out here, this is really stressing me out! I'm with Eircom and using a netopia wireless router, and when I connect my laptop wirelessly the Internet light on my router goes red but when I connect through a ethernet cable it goes green. Any ideas on how to get the wireless working? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Gu3rr1lla wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out here, this is really stressing me out! I'm with Eircom and using a netopia wireless router, and when I connect my laptop wirelessly the Internet light on my router goes red but when I connect through a ethernet cable it goes green. Any ideas on how to get the wireless working? Thanks

Had you got it working at any stage. First load the webpage "http://192.168.1.254/" for your router and make sure "Enable Wireless" is ticked and your wireless connection/security is set up. If all that is done and you are still having issues you need to check if your Firewall is stoping the connection. You will be using eith the Windows firewall or a firewall you install with your internet security apps, something like Nortons Internet Security, Zonealarm ect. The above checks are all done when your connected via ethernet cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

Had you got it working at any stage. First load the webpage "http://192.168.1.254/" for your router and make sure "Enable Wireless" is ticked and your wireless connection/security is set up. If all that is done and you are still having issues you need to check if your Firewall is stoping the connection. You will be using eith the Windows firewall or a firewall you install with your internet security apps, something like Nortons Internet Security, Zonealarm ect. The above checks are all done when your connected via ethernet cable.

Ah jaysus yeah how stupid of me :D It was blocked in the firewall. Me studying computers an all lol I suppose it can happen to the best of us :rolleyes: Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BetsyGray

Tut tut :)

Advertisement