Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct & Tax

Options
  • 03-03-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi there just wondering do you have to have an NCT to get TAX these days? I know a while back you didn't but not so sure about now. I am looking at buying a used car thats quite cheap but it doesn't have an NCT!
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

To best of my knowledge it's possible to achieve the goal of taxing a car online within it's NCT cert, but legally, the car is not A O K to be on the road if it ain't got no NCT.

Should give you the grace required to get the NCT sorted though, so that might help :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The online system doesn't ask you for NCT details.
    Unless the tax is out (or out very soon) then shouldn't be a problem.
    If the tax is already up then you prob have to do it the old fashioned way in the tax office and I dont know if they ask you in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

Don't buy it unless it has a valid NCT cert. You may be buying a heap of junk that fails the NCT and costs a fortune to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You don't need NCT to tax a car either online, via post, or in person.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

esel wrote: »
    You don't need NCT to tax a car either online, via post, or in person.

no, i've had to do it both ways in the last year and esel is correct the nct is not required for tax at all even if the tax is out of date

• Advertisement
Advertisement