Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Prius 1.5 - Info Needed

Options
  • 03-03-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

My folks have been looking for an automatic and have test drove various formats including focus,corollas (Mid size) etc. One dealership had a 04 & 07 Toyota Prius 1.5 HSD 5DR and they both seemed to like the drive.

I would never have thought it an option, but on the other hand why not !
    So the point of this post..............

Has anyone owned one and what are they like to live with ?
    Do they require any servicing above the norm?
    Any known reliability issues ?
    How accurate is the claim of up to 75mpg ? :eek:
    etc.
    etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I had them from work, and have experience of them from having sold a few of them, they don't have any real problems, the electrical hybrid components are covered by an 8 year 160,000km warranty, and servicing is the same as an Avensis or Corolla. - in short, painless and cheap.

I wouldn't buy it on the basis of getting 75mpg!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy it on the basis of getting 75mpg!

Im thinking not :rolleyes: . Pinch of salt and all that !!!!
    Just looking for a 'real world' figure.

Been reading various bits on them, dont seem to be a bad car by all accounts !

the fuel economy is dependant on doing a mixture of urban and extra urban driving. it is possible to get very good figures, but then again, it's possible to get good mpg figures from regular cars if you take it handy.
    I like the fact that safety is very good and it has some nice gizmos in some of the optional packs,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If you pay attention to how you drive then it should be possible to get over 70mpg. On a trip I can get 70mpg in my wife's Civic IMA without too much effort.. just easy on the right foot that's all.

The pulse and glide method of driving the Prius, if you were bothered, can get 132mpg.

never bothered with the pulse and glide myself, how often does the acceleration/coasting cycle last for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote: »
    never bothered with the pulse and glide myself, how often does the acceleration/coasting cycle last for?
    Dunno colm, as it doesn't work on the Civic IMA (engine won't shut off till about 20mph).. you'll need to try it out for us and let us know..

meh. I don't pay for my fuel ;)

Advertisement