Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking fee VS Service charge

Options
  • 03-03-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi folks,

Presume this will end up getting locked,

If tickets for a gig are advertised as xxx amount including booking fee, can they charge a service charge on each ticket?

If so, could someone explain the difference, cause I just presumed its different wording for the same thing.

Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I was always under the [never verified] impression that at one point the price to go and see a gig was (for example) 20 euro, but you could also buy the ticket in advance to guarantee entry for 20 + X booking fee.

The cynic in me says that the 20+X price eventually became the base price, and they tacked on 'service charges' too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd guess booking fee = charge from the company that owns the tickets for their part in doing the job, service fee = the charge for the company buying the tickets on your behalf (i.e. doing a job for you as a consultant by being wide in the definition).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

is a service fee/charge not an added charge for services provided at events like 1st aid clean-up crowd control etc? and booking fee would be fee for online or telephone booking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I thought service charge was the extortionate amount ticketmaster add on when you buy tickets online.

Advertisement