Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi SpaceStar or Subaru Impreza Estate?

Options
  • 03-03-2008 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,
    I want to buy used family car (2 + 2 kids) and don't want to spend too much. I've found 2 cars, both more/less the same conditions, year (2000), mileage (75K) and price.

1. Mitsubishi SpaceStar, engine 1.3
    2. Subaru Impreza Estate, engine 1.6

I have a problem which one to buy. Dont care about the power or speed of the car. I have to consider reliability, cost and availabilty of parts, fuel consumption, etc.

Which one would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

The spacestar would be way cheaper to run , I've heard they average 40 MPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The Space Star would be much cheaper to run(Scoobys have a reputation for drinking petrol and parts that are very expensive), though I have my doubts about the reliability of the Space Star(they never did well in any reliability survey I saw anyway).

Some sort of Toyota, Mazda or Honda would provide bargain motoring with cheap parts and would be highly unlikely to go wrong too.

Advertisement