Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2 Million :eek:

Options
  • 03-03-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

€2m counterfeit goods seized in Dublin
    Monday, 3 March 2008 20:56

Gardaí, led by the Criminal Assets Bureau, have seized over €2m worth of counterfeit goods in Dublin raids.

Gardaí believe the final value of the seizure will rise as searches are ongoing.

Raids were carried out in Tallaght, Crumlin, Kevin Street and Dublin's north inner city this morning.

Counterfeit clothing, shoes and DVDs along with six computers capable of copying DVDs were seized.

CAB officers also seized a large quantity of documentation.

The raids are part of an investigation into financial irregularities in the retail clothing trade.

Up to 80 officers from the National Support Services were involved in the raids, which included searches at private premises and warehouses in Tallaght.

A number of shops in the Liberties were also searched.

No arrests have yet been made, however a number of files are being prepared for the DPP.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0303/counterfeit.html

I'd imagine most of the shops searched in the Liberties where on Meath St and the stalls on Thomas St. Really is an amazing amount of counterfeit stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Id nearly have a bet of 2 million of my own money that the value or potential value was no where near 2 million euro! Its the same when drugs are sized its always exaggerated for whatever reason I dont know..........maybe to make the guards look good or the people behind this scam look bad.....who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

JMCD wrote: »
    Id nearly have a bet of 2 million of my own money that the value or potential value was no where near 2 million euro! Its the same when drugs are sized its always exaggerated for whatever reason I dont know..........maybe to make the guards look good or the people behind this scam look bad.....who knows?

it's exagerated alright, I think it's a bit of both. Or if not then they are just stupid and are actually that out of touch with reality. I myself would be of the opinion that the actual price of all this sold seperately, without any 'deals' would in fact be significantly less than €2,000,000 even though they say it's at least that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

When they refer to the value of counterfeit goods are they referring to the value of the goods if they were genuine? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

They are referring to the "lose" of sales, so take the cost of the item in store and add a few 0's on the end....

It's like them saying sharing one "MP3" costs 69,000$ in loses
    When they refer to the value of counterfeit goods are they referring to the value of the goods if they were genuine? :confused:

Advertisement