Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid "NEW" MTB for sale

Options
  • 03-03-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭

right im going to replace my stolen bike with another firemountain(e700), since i just want the frame, the rest of the bits are up.
    Im using them to build a second frame, which im going to sell.
    heres the spec.
    Frame:carrera fury 16" 7005 double butted aluminium.

Gears.
    Rear Mech: Shimano Acera 8spd
    front mech: shimano Tourney
    cassette :is a 11-32 8sp shimano HG30
    this gives a 24 speed.

Brakes.
    hayes Mx4 mechanical. 160mm rotors
    Avid levers

Crankset.
    suntour Cw-xcc150 42/34/24
    cartridge BB

Chain
    shimano IG-70

Shifters
    shimano alivio 8spd rapid fire

Wheelset.
    Rear is a Shimano FH-M475 disc hub on alex rims
    Front is a KK disc on the same alex rims

Front forks.
    Rock shox dart 1, 100mm, preload adjust. think they have lock out, ill check tomorrow.

rest is all kona parts, eg, stem ,grips,saddle, handlebars.

the frame is 2 years old and has a few scratches, otherwise in perfect nick.
    ALL PARTS are BRAND new NEVER used.

im looking for €400 BUT am open to sensible offers, if you were to buy this bike out of a shop you are staring at a €650 minimun price tag.

mods feel free to remove this but i think it will be of more interest here than on adverts, which ill put there anyways.:)

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0487.jpg

DSCF0490.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Got any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

What do you think of that fork out of interest? I think it does have lockout, I was looking at another bike with it. 16" is too small for me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

its a solid enough fork, works fine.
    the preload isnt as good as more expensive forks, so when you hit a bump it pops you up.
    also a bit heavy at 3.5kg:eek:

forks dont have lockout function however , you can put in it.

and pics up!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

kona wrote: »
    its a solid enough fork, works fine.
    the preload isnt as good as more expensive forks, so when you hit a bump it pops you up.
    also a bit heavy at 3.5kg:eek:

2.5kg surely? I was looking at the Dart 3 that is only a fraction lighter (2.2) but did have lockout. Quite a contrast to a 500g road fork, but then I guess MTB ones actually "do" something ;-)

That looks like a nice unique build for €400, good luck with selling it (and good luck with retrieving from your bike thief.)

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    2.5kg surely? I was looking at the Dart 3 that is only a fraction lighter (2.2) but did have lockout. Quite a contrast to a 500g road fork!

That looks like a nice unique build for €400, good luck with selling it (and good luck with retrieving from your bike thief.)

hopefully, the i added up the cost of a replacement....e1300:eek::eek::eek:

ye the darts have a load of different sub-specs if you get me, there are different dart 1s:confused:

they are quite heavy id give em 3kg, good solid fork though especially for the money:D!

lightest forks ive ever rode were rocco sids, 1.3 kg 80mm travel, expensive tho!!

im also open to sensible offers,
    this bike is easily up to commutes, heavy panniers, and also at home on trails.

great for the amount of people i encounter looking for a good bike that they can commute on and then go up the mountains with the mates every month or so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Afraid I have a MTB in the €400 for occasional off road, so I'm not in the market.

However, you don't live in Galway by any chance?

That kitchen layout looks exactly the same as the one in my house, moved in 18 months ago !!!

nah dublin!! id say its the same in half the country, its one of those cash and carry jobs, they charge mad money for fitting, me and the da did it in a weekend, piece of piss:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That kitchen layout looks exactly the same as the one in my house, moved in 18 months ago !!!

Now that you mention it my parents have the same kitchen, too.

It's a sweet bike, Kona. If I didn't buy my vulcan, I would be interested in getting this.

• Advertisement

hows the vulcan anyways, they are solid bike too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's pretty sweet, really happy with it. I haven't used it that much yet though.

bump.

Advertisement