Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in another country within the EU

Options
  • 03-03-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am cosidering returning to college and would like a fresh start at something new. My options are pretty limited in Ireland as I got just about 400 points in the Leaving cert, and university requirements are mostly higher. I have attended Dit and Gmit and really don not want to go back to an IT. No offence to anybody studying at one or anything but I just think they feel quite grim. Very little athmosphere etc. I have a friend who studied in Holland for 1 year and he recommends it highly as you can get admitted to most courses on the strenght of a decent enough leaving cert.
    Has anybody any advice in regards to applying for colleges within the EU? He also said that the fees were quite small in the University's for EU members.

Comments

Hey DeadMoney,

Just one point which you mightn't have considered... if you apply as a mature student to a Uni/whatever here, your Leaving Cert points don't matter. You have to go through an interview with the college but that's about it (there may be more - contact the college for more information!).

But as for your question I don't know much about them personally, but I assume that they would have an international students office in the college you'd be applying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Thanks for the reply Myth. Unfortunatly I am too young to apply as a mature student as I am only 21. I cannot apply for another 2 years. Will look into the international students offices in the colleges though. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Myth. Unfortunatly I am too young to apply as a mature student as I am only 21. I cannot apply for another 2 years. Will look into the international students offices in the colleges though. Thanks.

The 'age' for mature students in the UK is only 21.... :D

Advertisement