Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are All Media Players the Same?

• 03-03-2008 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭

I have most of my music on Sonic Stage but recently began to listen to is in Windows Media Player and on Real Player. Is it my imagination or does Sonic Stage have greater detail and better overall sound than the others? Or are all Players basically the same? Anyone have a link to good reviews of these Players?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

in my experience, most media players are generally the same. They look different, work different, and have different capabilities, controls, codecs, and also different sound settings. It's important to have good codecs installed, but you should also have your speaker setup correct and your equalisers set, otherwise it will sound sh*t!

but then again, i'm just happy if the sound comes out at all! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Aeneas

in my experience, most media players are generally the same. They look different, work different, and have different capabilities, controls, codecs, and also different sound settings. It's important to have good codecs installed, but you should also have your speaker setup correct and your equalisers set, otherwise it will sound sh*t!

but then again, i'm just happy if the sound comes out at all! :)

Sorry to be so ignorant but what are codecs, which codecs are good, and how do you install them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

codecs are programs that encode and decode the audio/video data. you can download and install all kinds for sound (mp3 codecs) and video (divx etc.). you should check your sound settings in the different applications, they have different equaliser settings and probably aren't set up.

Advertisement