Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tropical Fish in Cork

Options
  • 03-03-2008 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just thought id copy the Dublin lads and ask who is the best place to go to for tropical fish in cork city and county ?:) I have a bit of experience with many here but none that i have been to have ever been able to answer me the questions i have and im pretty sure im speaking in english:D SO RECOMMEND ME A GOODen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Hi,

You can try Fins'n'Things in Midleton. This is a great shop (both freshwater and marine) and I can guarantee you there is plenty of knowledge there !

ValerieR
    www.irishfishkeepers.com
    connaught.fishkeeping.society@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mand123

I have heard of that one alright but never been able to find it. I recently went looking for it and ended up at maxizoo:D

Hi,

Coming from Cork, you get to a very tiny roundabout with a supermarket/large shopping centre on your left. At this roundabout, turn right and you get to the IDA business park on your right. Fins' n' things are located there, on the left hand side of the group of buildings.

Google maps reference Midleton Enterprise Park @51.912951, -8.178447
    Their phone number is 021 4858889

I hope this helps.
    ValerieR
    www.irishfishkeepers.com

:)Thanks ValerieR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

ValerieR wrote: »
    Hi,

Coming from Cork, you get to a very tiny roundabout with a supermarket/large shopping centre on your left. At this roundabout, turn right and you get to the IDA business park on your right. Fins' n' things are located there, on the left hand side of the group of buildings.

Google maps reference Midleton Enterprise Park @51.912951, -8.178447
    Their phone number is 021 4858889

I hope this helps.
    ValerieR
    www.irishfishkeepers.com

sorry val i already posted this and did you get that info on my post by any chance?
    davey180

Adverts | Friends where are ye from as there is a fish supplier in Midleton called FINS AND THINGS can supply any type of fish you reqiure in co cork or ring.

Fins n Things

Address: Unit 20 Midleton Business Prk, Dwyer's Road
    Town: Midleton
    County: Cork
    Phone: 021 4858889
    Fax: www.finsnthings.ie
    URL:
    E-Mail: Click here to send e-mail!

• Advertisement

@ Davey180,
    I used my knowledge and Googled the rest. This information is freely available on the internet and I am trying to help someone looking for something. I have no time to paraphrase other posts. After all, an address is the same whether you or me write it.
    Valerie

whatever val.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

@davey180
    What's the problem? Somebody asked for information and got a very helpful and informative reply based on ValerieR's own knowledge and Google.

We don't all need to cite references at the end of our post even if we do get the info from another poster which it appears ValerieR didn't.

There's another thread here on filters where you complain about somebody else offering advice in addition to yours. We're all on the same side here giving and receving advice about animals. Getting information, even duplicate information, from numerous sources can be reassuring. Like a second opinion from a doctor.

javaboy wrote: »
    @davey180
    What's the problem? Somebody asked for information and got a very helpful and informative reply based on ValerieR's own knowledge and Google.

We don't all need to cite references at the end of our post even if we do get the info from another poster which it appears ValerieR didn't.

There's another thread here on filters where you complain about somebody else offering advice in addition to yours. We're all on the same side here giving and receving advice about animals. Getting information, even duplicate information, from numerous sources can be reassuring. Like a second opinion from a doctor.
    i have no prolem im only adressing the issue as for sides im on everyones side if you are a potsition of argueing about this why have you jumped in and asking whats the problem with me as its val im talking to not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

davey180 wrote: »
    i have no prolem im only adressing the issue as for sides im on everyones side if you are a potsition of argueing about this why have you jumped in and asking whats the problem with me as its val im talking to not you.

Ok. I must have misunderstood then. :)

• Advertisement

whatever val.

@ Davey180

First of all, I want to reiterate that I did not get the information from your post.
    If you read my post attentively, you will notice I have given actual directions and gps information (that I have found on Google) which, I believe, were not figuring on your 'original' post.
    The world is everyone's oyster and the resources on the Internet is no-one's monopoly.

I don't know what your problem is. Is it specifically with me ? Do I know you from somewhere ?

A discussion forum is a place where everyone chips in on information and shares their knowledge and experience for the benefit of others. This is no place to show impatience, temper and disrepect co-posters ('whatever' is not a constructive reply and please note that my name is "Valerie" not "Val").

Thanks.
    Valerie

Dear Mods - Feel free to delete this post in a while, just make sure it stays there long enough so that everyone interested in this thread can see its history - Thanks :).

@ Davey180

First of all, I want to reiterate that I did not get the information from your post.
    If you read my post attentively, you will notice I have given actual directions and gps information (that I have found on Google) which, I believe, were not figuring on your 'original' post.
    The world is everyone's oyster and the resources on the Internet is no-one's monopoly.

I don't know what your problem is. Is it specifically with me ? Do I know you from somewhere ?

A discussion forum is a place where everyone chips in on information and shares their knowledge and experience for the benefit of others. This is no place to show impatience, temper and disrepect co-posters ('whatever' is not a constructive reply and please note that my name is "Valerie" not "Val").

Thanks.
    Valerie

Dear Mods - Feel free to delete this post in a while, just make sure it stays there long enough so that everyone interested in this thread can see its history - Thanks :).
    ok valarie i bellieve ya sorry for my approch on your post as i have posted this type of answers to other op's and im a regullar at finsnthings to get all my fishes for the last three years ,i keep all types of tropical fish and enjoy them as my hobby.i oppolize for any trouble i caused you valarie.As for names we usually shorten them as we are lazy with the fingers on the keyboard lol.I dont think you know me from somwhere????
    DAVE.

mand123 wrote: »
    Just thought id copy the Dublin lads and ask who is the best place to go to for tropical fish in cork city and county ?:) I have a bit of experience with many here but none that i have been to have ever been able to answer me the questions i have and im pretty sure im speaking in english:D SO RECOMMEND ME A GOODen
    hi again i was at cork today and found another place for tropical fish at the cork magic roundabout.Its actually a garden center as i was getting plants its done very well its like finsnthing but bit smaller.
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/detailsSearch.ds?detailsListingId=IE_10717541_9999_1511&tab=

Thanks guys for all your help :D
    Davey180 will check that out soon
    I went to a small shop in Maylor Street called Pices aquatics and got some beautiful guppies but i guess its really small and the guy who works in there only likes to help on good days :D (a bit like me in the mornings).

I think about a year ago in Cork city there was an epedemic with all the fish and they were hard to get without one disease to the next.

Has anybody been to a tropical fish shop in cork that is a waste of time going to for fish? I have one to mind but dont want to say anything unless my opinions are matched

@ Dave,

Ok - Thanks :-)

Happy fishkeeping ! Say "Hi" to Glen from Valerie (Galway) when you see him next.

Valerie

@ Dave,

Ok - Thanks :-)

Happy fishkeeping ! Say "Hi" to Glen from Valerie (Galway) when you see him next.

Valerie
    no prob as for Glen i dont know him and ive never been to galway yet.

@ Dave,

Glen manages Fins'n'Things in Midleton ! ;-)

Valerie

@ Dave,

Glen manages Fins'n'Things in Midleton ! ;-)

Valerie
    oh that glen il do that for you valarie no prob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fatburn1985

mand123 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for all your help :D
    Davey180 will check that out soon
    I went to a small shop in Maylor Street called Pices aquatics and got some beautiful guppies but i guess its really small and the guy who works in there only likes to help on good days :D (a bit like me in the mornings).

I think about a year ago in Cork city there was an epedemic with all the fish and they were hard to get without one disease to the next.

Has anybody been to a tropical fish shop in cork that is a waste of time going to for fish? I have one to mind but dont want to say anything unless my opinions are matched

new petstop near hanleys garden center at the magic roundabout is great for fish. The owner said he has over 100 tanks in the warehouse in dublin and can order in any fish u like. only found out today that hanleys sold fish... cool ill be visiting there today. i think i know what shop u have in mind by the way

Apparently, Hanleys keep dyed fish though. The dyeing process is cruel and unnecessary. On this particular basis, I would avoid purchasing anything from this particular shop.
    Kindest regards,
    Valerie

• Advertisement

Apparently, Hanleys keep dyed fish though. The dyeing process is cruel and unnecessary. On this particular basis, I would avoid purchasing anything from this particular shop.
    Kindest regards,
    Valerie
    is this true val ive been there couple of times yeah but i dont know if the fish shop dye their fish,where did you hear this?

You can contact Holger at info@munsterfishkeeping.com. He started the Munster Fishkeeping Society recently and was in touch to highlight the issue of some shops still selling dyed fish.
    Kindest regards,
    Valerie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

I hear there is a few new petshops opening in Cork soon that will be worth a look.

Jimkel wrote: »
    I hear there is a few new petshops opening in Cork soon that will be worth a look.
    do you have any idea who and where? im interested thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

do you have any idea who and where? im interested thanks.

Me too. I have two cats that joined our family while we were living in France for the past two years. The pet shops out there that I had access to (public transport only) carried so much cat-related stock it was fantastic. Here I'm struggling to find a shop (not online, as I only have a Laser, and most places don't take them) that even carries a simple litter tray. :eek:

Advertisement