Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 3 2008

Options
  • 03-03-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience of the Mazda 3. Am looking at an 08 one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No personal experience but anything I have read about them has been good. They have been around since 2004 so any major issues would have highlighted by now.

They use the Ford Focus chassis which means they are nice to drive, being a Mazda they are also very reliable and well built. Saloon is the nicest looking in my opinion, 1.4 litre engine is a bit underpowered so try and get the 1.6 litre with the Touring trim. This has electric windows all round, air conditioning, alloy wheels and stereo controls on the steering wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Have one in the family, it's a 08. Great to drive apart from rather numb steering but you'd need to be a bit of a petrolhead to find this as a fault.

The 1.6 diesel saloon would be the pick of the range if buying post July. Hatchback can also look good with right colour & alloys.

Reliability wise - won't get many problems with a Mazda...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Shaunie306

absolutely brilliant car they are used in mondello for the race school 1.6 models are nimble and quick also very comfortable and tech-savvy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

bazz26 wrote: »
    They use the Ford Focus chassis which means they are nice to drive, being a Mazda they are also very reliable and well built.

They actually use a shortened version of the Mazda 6 floorpan, which is still a good thing.
    I sell them and have large amounts of 04-07 3's being traded in for new ones so the owners must be happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

They actually use a shortened version of the Mazda 6 floorpan, which is still a good thing.
    I sell them and have large amounts of 04-07 3's being traded in for new ones so the owners must be happy with them.

You may sell them but Bazz is right on this one, they use the same chassis as the mkII focus and the volvo c30/s40/v50, which is a development of the mkI focus chassis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's pretty common knowledge that the Mazda 3, Ford Focus and Volvo C30/S40/V50 all share the same platform and some engines, diesel for example with a Peugeot/Citroen unit. The Mazda 6 platform is different.

Also the Focus chassis is one of the best enginered chassis' in it's class and the PSA diesels are very good so the Mazda 3 gains the best from both worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

As others have said, the 3 and the 6 do not share the same chassis. The 3 has the Ford C1 platform,while the 6(both the old one and the new one) uses the CD3 platfrom which was developed by Mazda. The Mondeo uses the Ford EUCD platform and is completely unrelated to either version of the Mazda6(a couple of the engines are common to both, namely some of the petrol engines in the Mondeo which are straight out of a Mazda), but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I sell them and have large amounts of 04-07 3's being traded in ...

Sorry to hijack the thread but can I ask a question from someone who might know?

Have Mazda any plans to import the Sport or Sport SE in diesel format any time soon? The highest spec in diesel at the moment is Exec SE which isn't great...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Thanks all!!! Hate to fullfill the stereotype but I am a girly girl who knows nothing about chassis' and horsepower etc... I think its the 1.4 petrol hatchback.... And the colour is black ;) Anyway, have an expert coming with me.... Will have a look on Friday and decide then..

Advertisement