Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ebay Audi A4 tdi - opinions anyone ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Looks mint, plus the Brits look after their cars much better in general than we do. Would never buy a car before test driving it though, and if you do decide that you want to bid for it, then get a HPI check done before you do bid for it(it will tell you if it's been in a crash, if the car has been clocked, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

107k miles isnt too high, fair enough things can go wrong but that can happen at any milage. That car looks very nice, I'm thinking of importing one very similar (would like quattro also).

The only thing I'd say (and I'm not 100% sure in this) is that you would be better off waiting until july. That car puts out 151g/km co2 (I think, you need to confirm this). That means the road tax will only be €290 (as oppose to over €500 now) and 20% vrt rate after july.

You could just decide not to register it here until after july, but of course you shouldnt do that, it's illegal;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

That one looks very very clean, and no doubt if a certain ex dealer in Lucan brought it in it'd get a severe haircut.

Still tho, it's over the magical 100k mark, so I'd be reluctant from reliability and resale points of view.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Friend of mine got the same car basically, from the UK, 2 years younger though, with maybe 114k miles. Think he said it cost him about 14000 to get the car and VRT sorted.

So it doesnt look too bad a price IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Timmaay wrote: »
    107k miles isnt too high, fair enough things can go wrong but that can happen at any milage. That car looks very nice, I'm thinking of importing one very similar (would like quattro also).

The only thing I'd say (and I'm not 100% sure in this) is that you would be better off waiting until july. That car puts out 151g/km co2 (I think, you need to confirm this). That means the road tax will only be €290 (as oppose to over €500 now) and 20% vrt rate after july.

You could just decide not to register it here until after july, but of course you shouldnt do that, it's illegal;););)
    Only VRT is changing now appparently, they're leaving road tax the same for anything imported even after July(unless it pollutes more than 225 g/km of CO2, in which case you will pay €2k of road tax, even if the same cars already here are taxed on engine size).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

E92 wrote: »
    Only VRT is changing now appparently, they're leaving road tax the same for anything imported even after July(unless it pollutes more than 225 g/km of CO2, in which case you will pay €2k of road tax, even if the same cars already here are taxed on engine size).

They seem to be moving the goal posts on a daily basis. This may put a spaner in the works for people thinking of importing a large diesel car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

VRT changes - even on second hand cars? (diesel and/or petrol?)
    So VRT will be 20% - what is it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

This is goin off the point, but some ejjit asked if he would sell the the CD player seperately! As if hed be splittin! Never mind, i found it humorous:(

Looks mint, plus the Brits look after their cars much better in general than we do. Would never buy a car before test driving it though, and if you do decide that you want to bid for it, then get a HPI check done before you do bid for it(it will tell you if it's been in a crash, if the car has been clocked, etc.).

What info is needed to get a HPI check? Will it tell me if there is finance owed?

Chassis number?
    Number plate?

And what else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Reg is all.

Or you can click the link on the ebay page and get it done for about £7.

• Advertisement

VTR - is it currently 25% ? or is it worked out on various stats?

- Edit - I found the answer to my mpg question: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=23832
    Ive looked on www.parkers.co.uk but cant find mpg for this car - perhaps Im not used to the site.
    Does anyone know the mpg for a 130 bhp 1.9 tdi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Should be about 45-50mpg, depending on your right foot.

Advertisement