Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing games?

Options
  • 03-03-2008 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

I usually like to try and get to the end of a game that I enjoy on the xbox. Thing is once I get to the 'final boss' I tend to try a few times and give up. A couple of
    times I keep going until I manage it, like 'condemned' recently but there is a list of games that I have not gone back to like god of war 2, timeshift, splinter cell 2.
    Anyone else do this or am I just a **** gamer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I tend to give up much earlier than the last boss! I could be really enjoying a game and then get to a hard bit. I will leave it, fully intending to come back to it in a few days and just never play it again. Good example is Bioshock & Mass Effect. Im on the last level of Bioshock but haven't played in months. Im stuck on Bezema on Mass Effect. I also stopped played Crysis after a few hours.

I do complete some games though. Call of Duty 4 & Portal most recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gears of War was like that for me, Decided not to play on easy, had a great laugh. Must have lost to the boss 20 times before I dropped down and lost another 10, then finally beat it. DK 64 just couldn't do. Most of the time it comes down to the last boss not being any fun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Tusky wrote: »
    I do complete some games though. Call of Duty 4...

A great game, but one you whiz through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

the hard bit is the fun bit imo....

such as on kado racer 2 which im beating for the 40,000,000,000 time....

im using a 1000 hp evo and have no traction.,.. great craic imo :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i start a game, i will finish it. There are some instances of me not doing this, but i try and finish everything i start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Think i've finished everything ive ever really played. Anything I start playing for more than an hour or two, i'll usually finish.

Except Warcraft 3...tried it 3 times now but can never finish it. Those night elfs make me want to give up every time. ALWAYS hated playing as them :D

does anyone else here hate the american expression "I beat the game" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Only two games on the 360 that I started and didn't finish are DoAX2 (for obvious reasons) and Battlefield 2:Modern Combat (because the last level was stupidily hard and annoying). And I have alot of games on the 360 :P

On the DS I've about 15 games I've started in the last 6 months and not finished :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Depends on the type of game really.

Recently GH2/3 I can't see myself finishing them on hard/expert or even medium for that matter but I didn't get them for that reason.

Reminds me I think I have one or two DS games left to go. Right now it's a case of too many damn games to finish. I tend to have a quick blast of a few diff games rather than play to finish in an evening; or else online play.

Last one to finish was prolly CoD4.

Advertisement