Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new irish show & podcast

Options
  • 03-03-2008 11:52pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey guys i posted earlier but gave the thread a really stupid title we've just put our first podcast up on http://www.citizengame.co.uk/ as i mentioned in the other thread the rest will be happening shortly,
    and here's a direct link to the mp3 of the podcast about an hours lenght
    http://www.citizengame.co.uk/podcast/CitizenGamePodcast-030208.mp3
    any thoughts whatsoever feel free to shout, good bad indifferent we'd love to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

All I can say is what I said on the other thread - really enjoyed the first podcast. I think its far above the quality of any other Irish gaming show/podcast. And judging by stuff Danny and yourself have done previously (see below) I think the potential is very high.
    Will definetly listen to the next podcast - but am eagerly anticipating the first show...

http://www.gamespot.com/users/dannyodwyer/video_player?id=JXFhkDWq5b8IuzDW

http://www.gamespot.com/users/dannyodwyer/video_player?id=cnM2kzvw5b4PvzPf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Listened to some of the stream, tis good. Just gonna DL it now. Is there any reason the domain is .co.uk? Just wondering, that's all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

lol we actually couldnt come up with a good name and when we finally agreed on a name we actually couldn't get the .com very annoying, but the server it's on is great so downloads should be pretty fast lol think we'll do something about pro gaming in ireland in the future, but thats all down the line, sooner rather than later hopefully though

Listened to the full thing last night, was good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will give this a listen tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

why is it only console stuff ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Because nobody plays PC games anymore, clearly.

Was grand, even though I hate podcasts, kinda like blogs but you can't give the people comedy voices in your head if it gets boring.
    But yeah, it could probably do with a bit of editing, just to cut out some of the waffle.
    The other thing was that you two seem to agree almost too much on stuff, it'd be nice to have some kind of opposing viewpoints (even if they are artificial) just to generate a bit more interesting content.

And, god damn it, for the last time, the order of banning for Manhunt was this:
    IFCO: 18th June, 2007
    BBFC: 19th June, 2007

hopping on the bandwagon indeed.

actually no joke danny had a huge interview with the president of the ifco and i'm pretty sure he heard it from the horses mouth, i have no interest in bandwagons, and i'm not trying to brush away criticism, but the actual announcments of the bannings and official dates may not always corelate.

its not just console stuff it'll cover everything in gaming, thats the plan anyway.

and definately needs less waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

The mics sound like they are being overloaded a little at times. Crackly and a bit annoying.

The content is good though and I wish you all the best with this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Didn't play it all, but it was really high quality. (As per the note on your site, I'm not talking about sound quality)
    mayordenis wrote: »
    but the actual announcments of the bannings and official dates may not always corelate.

I was just about to say something exactly along those lines.

• Advertisement

thanks guys and just one thing we dropped the ball on the levels on the mics in the station, because in the station they have such high end gear that it sounded perfect but when we got it home we realised that we had ****ed up.
    but again thanks guys our next show is on this evening i'll throw up a little list of some topics here later, and if anyone has anything they want discussed post it here or pm me and we'll see what we can do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I like i like, Good job guys.
    More pc stuff please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

i'll echo what others have said, will you be discussing PC gaming at all? and I don't mean the usual console gamers discussion of how PC gaming is dying :rolleyes:

OP, it was source junky who used to have a 2 hour show discussing CSS with the community on IRC, I can't seem to find and links to their work as they've stopped broadcasting.:(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

L31mr0d wrote: »
    i'll echo what others have said, will you be discussing PC gaming at all? and I don't mean the usual console gamers discussion of how PC gaming is dying :rolleyes:

Err...
    ...its not just console stuff it'll cover everything in gaming, thats the plan anyway.

monument wrote: »
    Err...

what I meant was that due to a lot of games getting multi platform releases, a game that isn't PC exclusive will usually only get reviewed on console.

What i'm asking is will they be delving into the hardware side of PC gaming that every PC gamer has to concern themselves with. If I was going to listen to a review of CoD4, i'd want to know what the system it was run on was, what the framerates where like, what drivers are recommended... etc.

i've played more pc games than console games, i've only recently gotten really into console gaming this much, pc gaming at least with fps and rts games is still my chosen platform.
    but we are going to call it how we see it the topics that we think are most noteworthy at the time are the topics we'll discuss, but yea we definately need to try and fit in more and we will do. it just seems pc gaming is so dominated my mmo's at the moment.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    what I meant was that due to a lot of games getting multi platform releases, a game that isn't PC exclusive will usually only get reviewed on console.

What i'm asking is will they be delving into the hardware side of PC gaming that every PC gamer has to concern themselves with. If I was going to listen to a review of CoD4, i'd want to know what the system it was run on was, what the framerates where like, what drivers are recommended... etc.

bang on with that it ****in frustrates me when games are reviewed and there isnt at least some sort of mention of how it performs on all platforms, between us we have to pretty healthy pc's but in truth theres gamers here with better setups, and a stupid problem over getting our equipment for the actual show has left us out of pocket so a nice big gaming pc rig is going to take a while to fund :(

a nice big gaming pc rig is going to take a while to fund :(

see if you can get a company to sponsor the rig. I'm sure if you told evga or the like that whenever you would review a PC game you'd mention that the PC was built with high end evga parts... actually you might have more luck looking for a sponsored rig off Commodore as they could do with getting their gaming rigs out into the media in a good light.

Bit early for a show/site just getting off its feet to start selling out :p

If the new show goes up tonight - will listen to it in the car in the morning.

• Advertisement

won't be up tonight more early afternoon tomorrow :( sorry
    erm think its an alround much better podcast, talked about general news as always but we get right into a big discussion about pc gaming and where it is right now, talked a little about what we're expecting from the big pc games in 08, a few great questions came in aswell, we had alot of fun making it and hopefully you guys will enjoy it tomorrow or whenever you listen to it.

http://www.citizengame.co.uk/

new one is up if anyone is interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

http://www.citizengame.co.uk/

new one is up if anyone is interested :D

move away from the mic next time :p

good show, done quite well (bar the production part)...

the new one or the old one? thought we fixed the problems in the todays one :/ eek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Where do you get the new one????

yo man if you want just the mp3 link
    http://www.citizengame.co.uk/podcast/CitizenGamePodcast-090308.mp3

just right click and save as . .
    or just click and listen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Thanks....great show,a welcome change from those gamespot guys

thanks well its gonna be out every monday and hopefully we'll get better :D

fair play - great show again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

Thanks to all for downloading this edition of the podcast, the server has been heavy with activity. We'd appreciate as much feedback, both negative and positive, as possible. Remember negative is usually more usefull :)

Bookmark us for one Episode 1 of the show is up. We can say as much as we want about the podcast, but its a side order in terms of the delicious meal we promise the show is going to be. Were not here to make the Irish Gamezville. Its no mean feat, but were out to make the highest quality, most entertaining & thought provoking video game show to date, and were not in the bussiness of releasing anything less than that.

Thanks for all the support so far guys.
    We cant wait to get Epsode 1 out there and have your critical assessments tear it apart :D

- Danny

Advertisement