Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new irish show & podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

One point I will make - the first podcast (pilot) was funnier.
    In fairness the aim is not a comedy podcast - but it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Denis got off lightly with having to play undertow:D.......If you really want to hurt his soul,the next forefeit should be that awful Vampire rain game....that'll teach him for not being up to scratch with his gaming knowledge :pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I enjoyed it :) Can't wait to see their vids

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ok ciano1 thats our next forfeit, i hope your happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Well done with the first podcast (and the pilot episode before that). My expectations were quite low before listening but I look forward to future episodes.

I would suggest sorting out the volume levels so listeners don't get blasted out of it every time you play one of your musical interludes. I was listening to the second one late at night and, while I wanted to hear the mumbled parts, I didn't want to wake the co-dwellers... coz then they'd want to be fed... and it was after midnight, sooo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

really enjoyed the pilot.

Didn't realise the 2nd episode was up yet as my RSS feed seemed to be corrupted. Downloading it now.

Think it is really important for podcasts to be regular...builds up a core audience and people can look forward to it as opposed to guessing when the next episode is coming out.

Is the video version going to be similar to something like TRS?

the RSS feed was shagged but its fixed now, so apoligies,
    right now its every monday though but we're recording on sundays so i would imagine, when the site is up properly we'll see it after recording on the sunday nights,
    regards the show well hopefully this week and next we might get recording definately within the month, i don't think either of us see it like TRS but right now its hard to compare our vision of it to anything else, on the spot is just ****, 1up show is to scripted and also just pretty ****, and other than consolevania/videoGaiden theres not anything that i myself perticularily enjoy watching, and again we're staying clear of that kind of style, it's gonna veer more towards editorials, topical content/news, probably reviews, previews, possibly some humoury stuff, we're not really ruling much out but saying that we have to keep our focus so its a tough balance. . . end rant.
    thanks again for the feedback keep it coming.

edit . . will try keep the levels more regular alot is down to me not speaking clearly and loudly enough at all times, but that'll certainly improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

New show is up :pac: Listening now.

cool i better listen to it myself.

Just listenend to the latest show - still going good. Nice to see its sticking to the weekly thing fairly rigidly. Maybe some slight quibbles about the levels on Denis' mic. Perhaps he's moving his head around too much :D

Still looking forward to the first video show.

Get the finger out!!!

• Advertisement

its coming and a nice site not just a splash page is also coming - i promise. as always lads here on boards is the best place for me to gauge the wants of irish gamers, its easy for us to pick up on whats interesting people in the uk, us and jp, but we also wanna try and tackle anything you guys here deem worthwhile - so at any stage post here or pm me with any questions or ideas or anything at all.
    thanks again

Nice to see now on itunes.

Currently no. 11 of today's top podcasts in the video game category.

Kudos guys!

*edit* way to alienate your Mayo listeners! :D

laughed my hole off at the forfeit!!!

aye funny enough forfeit that,
    yea we're delighted to be up on itunes good few people saying they were going to wait til we're on it to listen so happy days,
    yea everyone go on and download it off itunes and bump us up a bit :)

Have subscribed to the iTunes podcast, awesome!!! :pac:

we're second on the daily list in overall games and hobbies, which hopefully means people are enjoying it :)
    thanks to anyone whos kept listening, and feel free to give it a five star rating :P

You've beaten the big boys into number 1 spot for today !!!

Well Done

Congrats lads. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Nm Figured it out. Well done lads great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

"I believe she won Celebrity Fat Camp"

"She didn't win it enough anyway"!

lol... immature... but lol all the same! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭WECpoker

Nice Job, Keep at it

It is hard to successfully pull off this type of endeavor...I believe MUCH harder than most think

But "practice makes perfect"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Its good alright I enjoy listening to it.. Its probably funnier cause I know who ye are! Yourself and danny use to hang out with neil and the lads for awhile if you remember!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Just noticed the podcast is number 30 overall on itunes (ireland) - not in the games section - in the whole podcast section.

28. Clubland Podcast
    29. Statler & Waldorf: From the Balcony
    30. Citizen Game Podcast
    31. American Idol Podcast
    32. The Ray Foley Show

And its number 1 in the games section.

Well done lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Gonna download tonight. Something to listen to on the T00b!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Nice work lads, listened to them there last night, looking forward to the vid's, also subscribed too iTunes! (despite how much i hate iTunes):D

Keep up the good show!

So when will we be seeing some video content?

it is coming i promise we've set the next month for the first full lenght show, and hopefully have a snipet of what to expect in the next couple of days, i know it seems like we're floundering a bit at the moment, but as i said soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Have heard all the podcasts so far and am certainly enjoying them. Always nice to have something to look forward to on a monday morning.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Really like these. Fair played for putting the effort in mate. Tis good to see some home grown Irish stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Just listened to the latest cast, was very good. Keep it up lads!:)

• Advertisement

A question for the next podcast:

Is Pro Ev on the Wii the way forward for soccer games or is it merely a rather good novelty, ultimately to be forgotten in favour of the traditional FIFA / Pro Ev approach?

Also - will the clearly inferior graphics on the Wii hinder what might be a very important evolution in the genre? Should they have eschewed realism altogether in favour of more stylised (cartoony) graphics?

Love,

RE*AC*TOR

Advertisement