Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new irish show & podcast

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Originally we had it streaming from some **** streaming thing - but we'll have a look at options again :) itunes is good though nice background downloads :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

iTunes is the Devil. I won't be having it on my PC. I WON'T BE HAVING IT I TELLS YA!!!

The YouTube option previously mentioned could be a handy way around this even if it did take a little longer to put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

In work ,it streams with WM9 for me, I think you tube has a time limit so you'd have to upload multiple ones for each episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

/me develops the shakes.... withdrawal symptoms

Sssssssssssss...wheres the new podcast?...sssssssssssssssssss

oops sorry - we have the podcast but with the new situation monday is no longer an option you will have it in the next couple of hours - drop whatever you are doing and start spamming the site :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Citizengame.co.uk..........

''Welcome to the Beta: Episode One Launching May 2008!''

*Checks Calender and realises its nearly mid-june*:eek:

:pac:

****e . . . will have to change that . . . consult the podcast for further info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

haha, were as timely as websites come. I make no apologies, the work will be worth it in the end. But in other words...sorry!

//changing text :D

Cosmonaut wrote: »
    haha, were as timely as websites come. I make no apologies, the work will be worth it in the end. But in other words...sorry!

The ironing is delicious
    :pac::pac:

Good poscast this week.

You might have made a mistake in rise from your grave though... NBA 05 and NFL 05 probably never made it to teh megadrive :pac:

• Advertisement

Good poscast this week.

You might have made a mistake in rise from your grave though... NBA 05 and NFL 05 probably never made it to teh megadrive :pac:

ROFL :pac:

Good poscast this week.

hahaha. Eh yea. :D
    Though it was NHL not NBA so who knows :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

heh, kingpin, what a game.

Soz, listening from the start here in work. God what a great game.

Podcast for this week is up. With Denis is Paris, i was joined this week by past podcast contributer Dale Cantwell for a longer than we expected podcast.

Remember Denis and myself will be reporting from The Blizzard Invitational on www.citizengame.co.uk all over the weekend, with articles and news published throughout the weekend while we record our video report on-location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Listened to last weeks podcast yesterday. We get it... you don't much care for Denis Dyack... rest assured that this fact is now understood by everyone! ;)

I hope you're enjoying your (working) holiday; going forward, feel free to end each CG podcast with "well... we'll always have Paris" (ad nauseam).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

2nd Beta up

All coming together nicely :D

Looks like Danny has been working hard on the site in the development video ;)

For those of you that havent seen it yet, the Blizzard Invitational special episode in online HERE.

Its near 40 minutes of footage from the entire weekend, including the cosplay, dance comps from the front row, gameplay footage, swag bag opening and the Parisian aftermath of the cup final.

Let us know what you thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Don't care much for WoW, or Blizzard-ness in general, so I found the a lot of the long segments with no voiceovers to be a bit tiring. I would probably have shaved ten minutes off the overall length. Then again for a Blizzard fanboy this stuff could be like gold-dust.

Highlights for me was when the MC got their words mixed up and
    FAIL came up on screen
    , the stuff at the end with the spanish fans (i know it's not game related), bits when ye were wandering around with either one of ye on screen or doing a voiceover.
    In all I thought the tone was great, managed to strike a fine balance between mocking and reverance. Personally I'd double the on-screen / talking time and halve the cosplay / orchestra bits.

From the podcast - bricking = making into a brick. Ie having no other use.

The other definition of bricking involves to bricks and some dangling testicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Video was good. Like Reactor, I wouldn't be that big a fan of Blizzard's genre of games (just ordered WC3 & Frowen Throne though) but I found the event well covered. I skipped the dancing part, couldn't bring myself to watch it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I skipped the dancing part, couldn't bring myself to watch it. :pac:
    One of the best parts :D Dunno what it was all about though, what have Blizzard got to do with dancing? I've never played a Blizzard game, so I probably missed some in-jokes.

Ok just to clear up - in World of Warcraft each race and gender has a distinct dance and they are all based on a real dance like the male night elves and jackson and the male orcs have MC Hammer I think,
    So they always have a dance comp at there things - I get where people are coming from but I'm getting mixed messages because alot of people think the dance and costume comps were really entertaining like Robery Above, and I agree - it's was excellent and also really cringy.

New podcast is up btw with our new proper equipment -mixing desk - nice mics - also have a nice 2nd camera on the way so we can essentially get moving quicker on the video content and also basically we need to camera's.

I enjoyed the dancing more the second time watching. That male human with the disco was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

dancing was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

mayordenis wrote: »
    New podcast is up btw with our new proper equipment -mixing desk
    Have you broken the mixing desk over Danny's head yet? It was obvious black man/little girl was getting to you :D (me too tbh!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Kharn wrote: »
    iTunes is the Devil. I won't be having it on my PC. I WON'T BE HAVING IT I TELLS YA!!!

The YouTube option previously mentioned could be a handy way around this even if it did take a little longer to put together.

You could host on exiledgamers video section:
    http://www.exiledgamers.com/video/categories

We have an embeddable player. I'm a mod there in case anyone is wondering why I said we :D

We would appreciate the original content as its mostly gameplay videos with other peoples sound tracks and some user recorded gamer videos so it would be nice to get something like this up there too.

Just mentioning it as a possiblity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

"Black football"?

That's the most racist thing I've ever heard. You, sir, are worse than Hitler! :P

P.s. Mixing desk antics made me laugh, due to ridiculousness! Then got kinda annoying... then you 'brought it back' as it were ("THIS BIG?")... then annoying again. Short, controlled bursts, dude.

I lolled my ass off with the voices on the mixing desk.
    Little scary girl voice
    I wept.

15 second blank intro .... FAIL! :p

Also Wall-e is fantastic:pac:

• Advertisement

lol I can't listen to it in work,
    But i'll beat danny to death later :P

Advertisement