Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caseys or Bayview (Gold Coast, Dungarvan)??

• 03-03-2008 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

We're thinking of taking the camper out after Easter, and are thinking of hitting the Gold Coast in Dungarvan. Anyone got any recommendations on either Bayview or Caseys for 2 kids - 5 & 7?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

Zoltar_boi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

We stayed at Bayview a couple of years ago. Well managed and maintained site. Hotel next door with a kids playgroung, pool etc. A couple of Kilometers from beech. We certainly enjoyed our stay there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 champer

We stayed in Caseys last year, it is ideal for the kids and is beside the hotel and beach too. It is very well maintained and nicely kept but I had 2 gripes with them.

1) It is quite a big park yet the 2 afternoons we were there he cut the grass all around us ALL afternoon. Now while I accept the grass has to be maintained, I dont feel it should be done in same area 2 days in a row, especially when people are sitting out.

2) But the main gripe that I had was that I had to pay for my 5 month old son. I think that this is outrageous. My sister then joined me for a night with her 2 week old baby and she had to pay for him too.

I did not find the staff too friendly or definetly not accomodating but then again maybe mine was a once off experience

Champer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Thanks folks - will update on the grass situation if we go to Caseys (now should I bring my own lawnmower???)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Champer

I agree with what you said about the site money for everything even hotwater....
    But it is kept very clean and tidy unlike a lot of Irish sites it is also well run they dont allow messers on to the site.

The other site at the Gold coast is closed I think it is going to be built on ..
    Bido;)

Advertisement