Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wouldn't like to be at the wrong end of this....

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Here is the Audi Q7 V12 TDI. Now officially confirmed to going into production. Not sure if I see the point of it(other than marketing purposes for the US and other markets that don't 'do' diesel at the moment), though hats off to Audi for getting a diesel 4X4 to do 250 km/h(not even 20 mpg though is the price you have to pay).

Porsche also have a diesel Cayenne on the way, at this rate there will be Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini diesels(the latter 2 have actually experimented with this idea already believe it or not).

The comments about it are very interesting though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Must get me a pair of long shoes...;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whats the CO2 emissions from that?
    WTF is it about white these days? Is it the new black? If so I'll stick with the old black!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote: »
    WTF is it about white these days? Is it the new black?

Nah. Wh!te = Sh!te :)

That Q7 looks horrible BTW. A bit like a 5 door 1-series so bloaty that it must have been prescribed steroids for several decades

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Jaysus and I thought the standard Q7 was pointless and crap. A fine engine like that is just wasted in a 4x4.
    And yes, the rumours are true, Ferrari are testing an SUV/4x4 that'll wear the prancing horse. Enzo must be turning in his grave:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

unkel wrote: »
    Nah. Wh!te = Sh!te :)

That Q7 looks horrible BTW. A bit like a 5 door 1-series so bloaty that it must have been prescribed steroids for several decades

Still, looks better than an X5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

It'll die a slow painful death IMHO. 10 years too late.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

coolbeans wrote: »
    Jaysus and I thought the standard Q7 was pointless and crap. A fine engine like that is just wasted in a 4x4.
    And yes, the rumours are true, Ferrari are testing an SUV/4x4 that'll wear the prancing horse. Enzo must be turning in his grave:mad:
    Feckin hell. Next there will be a koenigsegg one!

Ah well. Ferruccio made tractors before he found out Ferraris were no good to him and he decided to build his own supercars. His company made the first "supercar" SUV, well before Enzo passed away. Many others followed including Porsche and now Ferrari themselves. Fecking rotten the lot of those SUVs if you ask me, but hey, idiots pay lots of money for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭coolbeans

unkel wrote: »
    Ah well. Ferruccio made tractors before he found out Ferraris were no good to him and he decided to build his own supercars. His company made the first "supercar" SUV, well before Enzo passed away. Many others followed including Porsche and now Ferrari themselves. Fecking rotten the lot of those SUVs if you ask me, but hey, idiots pay lots of money for them!

Ah yes, the old LM002. Built for the (giggle)Saudi military if my memory serves me right. You'd need an oil well to run the fuppin thing. Never a commercial success though. Wonder why?

Never a commercial success though. Wonder why?

There were no yummy mummies / wags back then and the average Irish weekly household budget after tax and mortgage was £10, not €1,000 as it seems to be now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Averaging 20mpg whether it be petrol or diesel will not even be noticed by it's target audience. It will be bought by someone who simply can afford to.

Advertisement