Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 steering wheel

• 04-03-2008 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Thinking about getting a steering wheel for the xbox, has anyone ever used them, are they any good, recommendations?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The official one aint available anymore afaik, i'd say you can still get the 3rd party one in some places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why is the official one not available anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

3rd party ones aren't a patch on the official ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

The official ones are still available. Game have them for a quite frankly disgusting €135, just got em in last week! Buy online mate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

They did a recall on the official one, due to the potential of a component overheating and emitting some smoke - no fire likely though :) I had to send mine back to be fixed - didn't take too long.

I find it's great, really adds something to the racing games. Force feedback is excellent, though I think it makes the games a little harder. If you get one, try and use it somewhere with a surface you can clamp it to - it's better than using it on your lap, since you have something holding it in place to help you turn the wheel quicker. When it's on your lap you can end up just moving the whole unit rather than turning the wheel. It's more noticeable with force feedback on since you're working against that too.

Ciarán.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If ur looking for one i'm selling mine, don't have the space for it no more...

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=44426&cat=12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

does anyone know if gamestop have the new ones in yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

anyone use this stand for the xbox wheel -

http://wheelstandpro.com/

looks good for the price?

Advertisement