Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Dublin start to build up?

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Do you think buildings will get taller in Dublin in the next 5 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

No buildings tend to stay the same size but we might build newer taller ones

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they've been getting taller for the last 20 years, no reason to think that won't continue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

it's already begun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

When stopped at traffic lights after emerging from the tunnel, i counted 18 cranes across Spencer Dock.
    Thats where that giant tower is going to be so Dublin is beginning to build higher buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd rather see us go skywards than continue with the sprawl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

gurramok wrote: »
    When stopped at traffic lights after emerging from the tunnel, i counted 18 cranes across Spencer Dock.
    Thats where that giant tower is going to be so Dublin is beginning to build higher buildings.

If you're talking about the U2 tower, it's on other side of the river. If you're talking about the watchtower it's past the point.

Building up is only solution and will happen

http://www.dublincity.ie/SiteCollectionDocuments/Maximising%20the%20City%27s%20Potential-%20Draft%20Strategy.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's already started. On Cork St for example there is a 18 (maybe be wrong) apartment block and there was plans to bulid a 27(:eek:) on the site of the old John Player factory on the South Circular Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Thats good, cause I was in NYC for the last week, and when I was in the taxi on the way home yesterday it was depressing. What the hell is Liberty Hall meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thats good, cause I was in NYC for the last week, and when I was in the taxi on the way home yesterday it was depressing. What the hell is Liberty Hall meant to be?

Tell me about, that would have been my view when I walked outside of my gaff (after years of trucks, diggers, etc... cause who traffic problems on Donore Ave)..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

That's getting knocked and a new highrise block going up there.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/property/2008/0103/1198880258007.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement