Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB connection problem ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

just a note, I changed the DNS in my modem to:

Preferred DNS

Alternate DNS

and my line didn't go down today. Maybe its coincidence but its the first day this week that my line hasn't gone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Mine stopped working yesterday evening at arround 2200 and was not back this morning. I got synced and all but no webpages would open on any of my PC's.

However I found that when I substitue the DNS server to opendns settings all works fine.

So looks like a DNS server issue (again) here in Swords.

Mine stopped working yesterday evening at arround 2200 and was not back this morning. I got synced and all but no webpages would open on any of my PC's.

However I found that when I substitue the DNS server to opendns settings all works fine.

So looks like a DNS server issue (again) here in Swords.

sad to say the same thing happened to me last night :( guess I spoke too soon, it was around 22:00 also. So those different gateways don't seem to make a difference. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bat77

Yet again mine has been down again since early this morning and only back now at 4pm. Hope this isn't going to be a regular thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

It was down all day for me as well. It would connect, DSL light turns amber for a few seconds, just enough time for Google Talk to fetch new mails titles (:mad:), and then it turns green, goes out and starts dialing/connecting again. This went on all day. Back on now, but for how long!? I couldn't work from home today as planned and that means I now have to call into to work tomorrow - on a Sunday, thanks to BT! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

L31mr0d wrote: »
    just a note, I changed the DNS in my modem to:

Preferred DNS

Alternate DNS

and my line didn't go down today. Maybe its coincidence but its the first day this week that my line hasn't gone down.
    Did this too but it disconnected last night.

Least I'm not alone with the random disconnects but it's never down for long. All I do is hit 'connect' on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

I'm also having problem here in Kinnegad, blooding annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

I had a problem yesterday, BT broadband went down around 4pm, only came back this morning. Although the phone line went too. Had dial tone, but couldn't make or receirve calls. 045 area, monasterevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Okay, BT BB has been virtually unusable here (041) for nearly two weeks, and I rang BT Tech support a minute ago and according to the person on phone, Eircom have sorted the issue today and everything should be back to normal. In addition to that he asked me to change the Zyxel router's WAN setting to 'Nailed-up connection', which should improve the connection, apparently!

Its connected now.. fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

PS: That didn't last too long. Connection died at 9pm last night, was working all day and now started failing again. :(

the problem has not gone away for me :mad:

It seems to go down every 24 hours which makes me think it might have something to do with my dynamic IP expiring, I have to force my modem to pick up a new IP by switching it off and then on. Can someone who has a working BT 8Mb/s line post there modem settings so we can check that ours our correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

hey,

does anyone know if there is an issue with the netgear DG834gV2 and BTs new LLU service? i supposedly got the upgrade from 3 to 8mb but my downstream is showing 1024 instead... connection seems to be down solidly for the last 2 days.

Based in swords btw.

Cheers
    SW

Advertisement