Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto Electricians?

• 04-03-2008 2:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Any one know a place about sligo that installs car radio's? i also need a new aerial put on as well i have the radio already so i don't think halfords is for me; any one any ideas?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd assume most of the garages about would do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There's a guy in Market Yard.. behind the bicycle shop, who does electrics & who won't rip you off either. (Not sure the name, but it's not Scanlons - though they're a very decent garage for all other things).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Seriously, car radios slot in and out and now have international standard connections. It is one of the easiest things you could do.

Check your new stereo box for sliders to take out the stereo (If its the old two pin type you can get the tool locally or bend a coat hanger)

Simply slide out the stereo and unplug the cables. The only problem you might get is with some japanese cars but you can get cable adaptors in Halfords etc to convert from the Japanese model to the international standard. Plug em in and pop it back into the slot.

Aerials are also available locally They only bolt on with rubber washer to make seal. The only difficulty here is fishing the cable through to the back of the dash... patience will get it there or tape a wire to the old one and pull through then use that to pull new one back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Personally, I'd rather pay someone to do it. Why dontcha offer to do his for €20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Unless the wires have been butchered, it's a 5-10 minute job. IMC on Connolly Street are good at that sort of thing if you really don't want to tackle it. I think the guy in the Market Yard is Johnny McMoreland. He's behind the bike shop (Flannagan's) and he does starters, alternators etc. and he's reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

il gatto wrote: »
    I think the guy in the Market Yard is Johnny McMoreland. He's behind the bike shop (Flannagan's) and he does starters, alternators etc. and he's reasonably priced.

Yeah Johnny Mac, he's a sound guy. Not sure if radios are his thing but I'd say he could fit them if ya asked him.

Advertisement