Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laws of Attraction

Options
  • 04-03-2008 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

I'm fascinated by the similar patterns I see in our daily lives, in science, religion, folklore, media, everything...

You take a small moon and it tends to be drawn to a large planet, orbits it at distance, yet it has the power to move waves upon its master's oceans. One leads, the other tinkers.

You take a charismatic leader and they can change moods in rooms, lead armies, turn people to their way of thinking.

You take a strong person and naturally a weak person will be drawn to them, seeking that which they lack: strength and security.

It's weird and I hope I'm making sense here but it's like the more weight you carry in the universe, the more bodies surrounding you are drawn your way. I could think of a few examples but they'd be abstract.

What we call gravity and love and trust and attraction are all the same, I think. Equations and life lessons and personality traits are different languages to tell the same tale.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

IamBeowulf wrote: »

What we call gravity and love and trust and attraction are all the same, I think. Equations and life lessons and personality traits are different languages to tell the same tale.

Nope, it's just plain old apple on the head gravity. As between humans it's gravitas.

You can love or loath the same person at different times. If it was gravity it would be constant. Trust is different because it usually requires that it is built up over time rather than being instantaneous. Attraction is a variable because you can be attracted instantly or gradually, constantly or by turns attracted and repelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Article43

We are all different, and letting genetics / evolution aside, it is due to one main reason, and that reason is, the way one uses the soft grey matter that is compressed in the bony structure between the two ears.

If one thinks that one is weak, then one will become weak, as, if one thinks that one is powerful, one will become powerful.

The reasons for this are many, but they all relate back to one thing, and that is how the spongy grey mass is used.

Thinking alone is of no use unless one has a "reason" for thinking - sometime referred to as a "Vision".

The law of attraction states that “one will attract on to oneself what one predominately thinks" - and this has been in existence since man evolved to the kind, helpful, cunning and devious creature that he is.

As with all things in life, knowing is of no use unless one fully understands, and ones ability to fully understand varies dramatically between individuals, but none the less, it is still a process, and like all processes, there is a known outcome - you might have heard the saying:

"Blessed are those that have not yet seen - yet believe"

what you might be surprised to find out is that this is one of the many self improvement instructions written for man to better himself so that he may live life to his fullest potential - who wrote this instruction - well that is a big question that will probably never be answered - but it does not need to be, it is there to be used for those that can see it - and take it upon themselves to understand.

The first realization in relation to the "law of attraction" is that it forces one to look deeply into onself - and others - and this brings about what is known as the "Character" of a person.

Do not expect to understand this right away - it takes many many hours of reading good prints and questioning many many authors - the majority of whom have copied (plagiarized!) from the few who truly grasped the meaning of the greatest book ever written - as far as I am aware this so called modern day approach started roughly around the late 1800's, but I am sure that further research will lead to earlier writings, but there is no need to go back any further once one begins to "see" what it is all about.

Article43

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement