Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place to buy a microKorg?

• 04-03-2008 3:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

From music123.com I'm looking at Euro 262.523 for the standard non reversed key microKorg (Inc shipping). Problem is, if I order from the US I'll end up paying huge import taxes, so is there any UK/Irish dealers I could use?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

Hi,

I got one in Germany when i was living there last year but paid €360 for it. I'm in England now and the music shop 1min from my house www.andertons.co.uk and they have them for £243.99 (€318.23)

I though they would have been cheaer in Germany but it seems to be the most expensive place to buy one!

Awesome piece of kit though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How about a 2nd hand one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

From music123.com I'm looking at Euro 262.523 for the standard non reversed key microKorg (Inc shipping). Problem is, if I order from the US I'll end up paying huge import taxes, so is there any UK/Irish dealers I could use?

Thanks.

chances are you wont get hit for taxes

ive only ever been stung once

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭goods

Thanks.

wouldnt mind getting one of these myself , if you do decide to order from the states let us know how ya get on ! it seems pretty cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

I didn't buy from the US in the end, if I do get stung for tax at a high rate I couldn't really afford it, so I played it safe and bought it from the UK for about 340. I know that's 80 euro more than I was paying but if I got it from the US I'd be paying 21% VAT PLUS Import Tax if I got stung so :S, and it's happened to me before.

I'm new to synths, played the guitar casually, want to play an instrument everyone and their 13 year old kid doesn't play, and I'm much more interested in synth than guitar. Plus all the music I like is made with synths anyway.

I got it from turnkey.co.uk anyway. Yeah I checked all the German sites but it was christ almighty expensive in comparison so :S.
    I'll let you guys know how it pans out anyway once I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

turnkey are good like that. a while ago they were offering to match any thomann price. don't know if they still do. btw, the turnkey shop in london in the greatest shop i've ever been in by a million miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I bought one a couple of months ago off Thomann. €369 delivered. Amazing piece of kit.

As for import tax from music123. I bought a CD player off them years ago and didn't get hit for the tax initially but when I opened it up I realised that they'd sent me a "pre-owned" one. Emailed them asking for a new one and then when they sent the replacement I got stung for the tax then. :( :rolleyes:

Advertisement