Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance

Options
  • 04-03-2008 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, a quick question on Travel insurance. I got full cover from fyi.ie for my trip to Canada. The policy has the usual jibberish and jargon, which I am not too au fait with.
    It says I have cover for medical expenses up to 5 million euro. Does this include standard doctors charges for a routine check-up? The excess is 130 euro, does that mean I only get refunded when it goes above this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Yes only on amounts over and above excess are payable i.e the first €130 is not allowable for claim. The definition of medical expenses probably state emergency or non standard care so it is unlikely the routine medical would be included although the excess would probably take care of that.

Advertisement