Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne, BB drop out

Options
  • 04-03-2008 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    OK i am in Ashbourne. The last two night i have seen a drop in service in the evening from about 7pm until the early hours of the morning.
    Yesterday was the same but the service did not return as of 6am today.

Anbybody the same in the same area?
    I am on BT 3mb package and was fine all last week.

Are there upgrades or work being carried out?
    I have the xyzel(SP?) 600 prestige modem. DSL light is green but ACT will not hold steady. Also using a belking G wireless router which seem ok.

I can access the Belkin router which i should be able to, The xyzel i have no access to.

Reset xyzel modem to no avail.

Just looking for any other users with issues before i call BT and complain and have the line checked?

Cheers
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Am using Eircom BB in Ashbourne...I assume they are essentially the same products, through the same exchange.

Have had no problems lately.

have you tried plugging out any phones, sky boxes, etc from the phone sockets and seeing if the modem light stays on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bat77

I had the same problem and got it sorted thanks to BT support :D

I downloaded a windows update Sunday so I'm putting it down to that, whatever is happen my PC rewrites IP.
    Fix:
    1. Go to "Network Connections"
    2. Right click on your Network Connection and click on properties
    3. Untick "Internet Protocol Version 6"
    4. Highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4" and click on properties
    Enter the following IP's

IP Address

Subnet will enter IP automatically

Default Gateway

DNS Addresses

Preferred DNS

Alternate DNS

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

OP: Exact same problem for me - connectivity lost at similar times also - I'm in Royal Canal Park (up the road) on 3mb BT Broadband.

If BT give you an explanation please post it here - it wrecked my head in a large way when I lost my access.

Advertisement