Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting insured on teachers insurance at 20..

Options
  • 04-03-2008 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Long story short: I want to take the fathers car up to dublin for a couple of days to get it serviced. Problem is, my mother is a teacher and the car is insured under a teachers scheme that gives a good rate. All drivers on policy must be 21 or over.

I'm 20 with full license and insured on other family car..

Is there anyway that I can get insured in my dads car for a week? Can i get my current insurance upgraded to open drive(or just on that car) for a week??

Probably not possible but I just wanna check because I really love that car!

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

The only people who can give you a definitive answer on that are the insurance companies. Phone them and explain the situation and see what they say as T&Cs will vary from policy to policy and the advice you get on here could well be wrong.

Advertisement