Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starcraft 28th march?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Would be great, cant see it happening though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Remember, this is Blizzard, so don't expect to see this anytime soon. They like to polish things to a mirror shine before releasing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Thats a good thing though :D
    Unlike EA...who release something...then patch the **** out of it till it resembles a game of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

we dont even get to take look of how Zerg race designs on the official website yet...ya say it is coming out this march?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come out this year at all. Blizzard like to take their sweet time. Which I don't mind at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah; there has been absolutely 0 material released on the Zerg, so I'd be sceptical if the game was coming out this soon into the future. No doubt Korea will get it first too ;)

Gotta say though, as excited as I am to learn the fates of the various characters like Raynor & Kerrigan, I'm fairly "meh" about the prospect of the multiplayer. No more than CnC3, I look at Starcraft2 and think "Yeah it's nice, but Company of Heroes really did set the bar for future RTS games".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

While the beast known as Activizard is a whole other animal, compared to Blizzard, I still cant imagine this being out in March 08. And something alot of the Starcraft fans forget sometimes, myself included, is that Starcraft when it was first sold was pretty unbalanced/unpolished as it were. It was only Broodwars that balanced the game and the 1.07 patch that finally perfected it.

All that being said though, I'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 more than I ever did Supreme Commander, World in Conflict, Company of Heroes or any Command & Conquer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yeah I dont remember any game being given a 'short' release date.
    ie; When a publisher decide to put a release date down, its usually at least 3 months after the date they announce it. (Did I make sense there? meh..)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I can't imagine that release date being accurate. This is a pretty high profile game. I even hear some people in Korea might be interested in playing it. I would have thought therefore they would want to super-hype it before release. Not take everyone by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lord!!Zerg race is out!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Now that's what you call a spam.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

There's a good preview over at Eurogamer.

Advertisement