Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pints!

Options
  • 04-03-2008 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Well lads hows about a good oul fashioned gear talk over some pints in the city? A REAL ould lads pub where we can "ARGHH arrrr....." about gear and the current discussions?

Pints? 8 votes

Friday
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday
    12% 1 vote
    Sunday
    0% 0 votes
    Some other time
    37% 3 votes
    Can't make it :(
    50% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Splendid Idea! I'll wear me helmet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

No seriously Paul you should bring like promotional AudioWarehouse tshirts and a demonstration rack with your products in it. I would pay any amount of money to see the expression on peoples faces

Sweet Baby Jesus.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Maybe the Long Hall?

Sounds good. When? Lets get a few lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sweet - the first meet-up for the forum (involving alcohol anyway). A new watershed.

Its highly unlikely I'd make it as I'm stuck in Galway working my butt off to meet my deadlines. But ye should take pictures. No, scratch that, bring mics. A portable HDD recorder and a pair of SDC mics. Now, anyone recommend where I can buy one of those? I know Zoom do em but thats too fancy for me. Extra cheap ones, maybe Behringer do them? I could possibly buy them from a German site like thomann.de?? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

I think I will pass on this.
    Sounds too much like a Star Trek convention or something, a crowd of nerds sitting in the corner talking about recording gear, sipping Ribena.

Although I might go if there are free T shirts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

boardsforpeoplefromdublin.ie strikes again.... :p

I've had a few of these over the years - always great fun, twas from them our 'Christmas Party' (Which happens in July!) came.

I'd certainly be up for it.
    A bit of Turbo-Geekery is most refreshing I find .......

Then the REAL slagging starts!

its not a. " What do you use 16bit or 24bit? " night out. Its a we are in the same boat having the craic learning night out. Let those up their own a'ses stay at home. Sorry mods. All the same though i think the mods know something ridiculously stupid is going on.

• Advertisement

It's always good to hook up with (un?)like minds....

Everyone's got a story to tell and invariably you know most of the people I know, though both of us didn't know it!

The Social side is a big part of what makes Music fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

The Social side is a big part of what makes Music fun.[/QUOTE]

Very true, good idea, sounds like fun..

You can't come Dav......... you're too cool.:p

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    You can't come Dav......... you're too cool.:p

Ha. How you know me so well I'll never know! Going to put my shades back on now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I think I will pass on this.
    Sounds too much like a Star Trek convention or something, a crowd of nerds sitting in the corner talking about recording gear, sipping Ribena.

Although I might go if there are free T shirts!

Me too, I just get agressive with drink on me, and then morbid, then really happy then sad again then agressive again + the long hall is a sh1te hole. Sorry Frobs.

You're not invited anyway StudioRat, you're not cool enough...:p

Young Studiorat might have a point about the Long Hall though.

In the ole Music Maker days we used to frequent Dakota on South William Street.
    8/10 people can sit in or around the booths might be ideal for a Drink/Geek-a-Thon.

And StudioRat why wouldn't you come, fer Gawd's sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

A part of me would really like to do this, another part of me would rather chew off my own arm. I guess that puts me on the fence ;);)

Right we will leave it at that so

Savman wrote: »
    A part of me would really like to do this, another part of me would rather chew off my own arm. I guess that puts me on the fence ;);)

Why would you like to chew off your arm Savman? Surely meeting people in person is a grower for the community here ? I don't understand how part of you would like to do it and then part of you wouldn't ? Are you battling your demons? Its just a few drinks dude..Come OUT !

• Advertisement

Come on Savman, we'll chew of your arm for you!

If we do do it. When?

sei046 wrote: »
    If we do do it. When?

I personally dont mind at all. Anytime is a good time. Do a poll ! FRI SAT OR SUN!!

dav nagle wrote: »
    I personally dont mind at all. Anytime is a good time. Do a poll ! FRI SAT OR SUN!!

Let me know if ye want a poll added to the thread, and what options should go in it (days/venues etc).

Do a poll so. Pref Sunday!

Poll added. Let me know if ye need more options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

dav nagle wrote: »
    Why would you like to chew off your arm Savman? Surely meeting people in person is a grower for the community here ? I don't understand how part of you would like to do it and then part of you wouldn't ? Are you battling your demons? Its just a few drinks dude..Come OUT !
    Dunno, I could be brainwashed into buying some Audio Warehouse gear and sent onto some farm to work for 'The Leader' :eek:
    The Leader wrote:
    Come on Savman, we'll chew of your arm for you!
    There he is :D:D

Dunno, I could be brainwashed into buying some Audio Warehouse gear and sent onto some farm to work for 'The Leader' :eek:

Not having another debate..

Ok well Sat is off! So Friday or Sunday? Start a Fri or Sun poll hee hee!

• Advertisement

Aye, Bring your Credit Card Savman !

Advertisement