Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delphi Progress Bar

Options
  • 04-03-2008 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

I have created a report generator in delphi. Basically there are 4 filters that the user selects from, they then click generate and the form is printed.
    Because of the size of the database i am working with the delay between clicking generate and the report displaying can be a few seconds.

I want to use a ProgressBar to indicate how far the process is. I found these examples:

http://www.swissdelphicenter.ch/torry/showcode.php?id=330

Im just not sure what i would use as a counter, they use the fileSize but im not transferring a file, im just getting entry's from a DB. Any ideas?

Cheers
    Endo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Maybe you could base it on the number of records processed instead of bytes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ye, thats logical ><, will have to just see if i can get a hold of the record number, hopefully i have access to the fields in the report.

Advertisement