Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big toe pain

• 04-03-2008 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

I reckon this is the best forum for my thread, mods feel free to move.

My primary sport is Muay Thai, but I do a fair bit of running for it to keep my weight down. The big toe on my right foot has been sore for about 4 months now. Not sore during the day / walking around etc., but it has a limited range of movement before pain kicks in.

Initially I thought that this was because of my Muay Thai, but I haven't had a class in a good few days and I have been running. Now my left foots big toe is sore, so I'm starting to think that it's because of running / pronation / something like that.

Anyone else experienced this from running? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

From my experience, get it xrayed.

I had problem with my big toe joint fr 6 years before I had it diagnosed. I damage the joint from a hard landing after vaulting in a gymnastics competition. I near ruptured the tendon in my foot & wrecked the PLantar Fascia.

From walking around on it and training on it, I caused a slight fracture in the joint that was only noticed by my podiatrist last year. Yes It can be due to over prontation of the feet, which may lead you to needing prescriptive orthotics which in my opinion are well worth the cost. have had mine for a year now and have had no problem with my toe.

Do get it xrayed, it is important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hmmmm. I'm heading to Thailand on Sunday for 3 weeks training. I'll probably be running 15K a day over there (on top of Muay Thai training). Definitely wont get a chance between now and then to get an x-ray tbh (I'm in the UK on business overnight on Wednesday). :(

Advertisement