Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt collection fees in Management companies

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Does anyone know the policy regarding Debt collection fees and management fees ? Can they legally charge us ?

I am arguing with my company since december 07 regarding out statement.

We live in a multi unit complex ( a house) , paid our bill in Nov and in Dec recieved a statement with DC fees of over 300 euro, I argued til I am blue in the face that we paid before the statement issued, And informed them of our our payment but they refuse to amend the statement.

Thanks for looking !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think you need to write to them, explaining the timeline and where they have it wrong. If they persist, you might have to get a solicitor to write to them (might cost €100).
    liverbird wrote: »
    paid our bill in Nov
    Was this on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Does anyone know the policy regarding Debt collection fees and management fees ? Can they legally charge us ?

We live in a multi unit complex ( a house) , paid our bill in Nov and in Dec recieved a statement with DC fees of over 300 euro, I argued til I am blue in the face that we paid before the statement issued, And informed them of our our payment but they refuse to amend the statement.
    Thanks for looking !
    When where your fees due for payment i.e. when was the invoice issued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks for looking !

Our development only issue statements where debts are outstanding. The issue seems to be whether you got an invoice or a statement. All depends on your financial year. It would be unusual for a financial year to begin in December.

If you paid late then I can see why they would refuse to do anything about it. After all it's you and your neighbours who would ultimately be paying for it.

If you did pay on time then I would get a solicitor involved

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

I came home to an amended statement last night , this only took 3months to sort out but it is at last resolved.

Happy Days :)

Advertisement