Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a phone?

• 04-03-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

My current phone is the SE W810i, my previous phone was the SE K750i... between the two I have been with Sony Ericsson (and very similar handsets at that) for about 2.5 years so I think a change is due!

I honestly have not got a clue what I would like in its place though! So I need help, and suggestions.

My main use of the phone is probably for texting, so I was looking at phones that came with qwerty keypads though at the same time I don't think I need the full functionality of a PDA - though I am open to the idea of one and do quite like to look of the TyTn II.

Aside from that I would like something with decent battery life that doesn't need to be charged every 12 hours! SE battery life is unrivalled in my opinion and I have gotten used to not having to charge my phone for days on end.

While I may not need a PDA, I do like phones with lots of gadgets that I can play around with so may look in that direction all the same.

Network wise, im with metoer and would like to stick with them so anything that can not be got with them on bill it looks like i'll be buying unlocked from eBay so price is a factor there as well. Willing to pay for the right phone all the same though!

Any suggestions?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I don't think a tytn's for you... If you text a lot on the go, the slide out keypad's not the most practical solution! Why not a smartphone like nokia e51 (traditional 3x4 keypad) or e61i frontfacing fantastic qwerty...both offer shedloads of 3rd party applications, and the e61 btw is a great musicplayer as well, although it's branded a business phone!
    on a different angle: i found meteor's support for windows mobile phones very poor...??? Hmmm???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I got an SE W580i a few weeks ago and I really like it, and it looks cool.

b147472.jpg
    http://www.expansys.com/zoompic.aspx?type=item&i=147472

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭slegs

Sony Ericsson K850i. Its the dogs bollox. HSDPA, 5MP full flash camera, great screen, battery life is much better than K800.

Advertisement