Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost keys

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I lost my keys recently. I told my landlord and he said I would have to pay for them myself at a cost of €35. Okay, I lost a set before but my husband and I have been living in the flat for 5 years and have paid over €65k in rent during that time.

I know that it's not his fault that I lost the keys but we are paying a lot of money for our flat and it would be a nice gesture. The place in in ruins. Four of the sockets in the living room don't work, the lights in the hall, the kitchen and the living room don't work, we have to use a lamp. The shower doesn't work properly, the sink doesn't drain properly, there is a leak in our bedroom ceiling and the living room is full of damp. We're paying €250 a week to live like this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Pay for the keys yourself.

Then, separately, start dealing with all the maintenance issues in your house. Those are much more important and are definitely your landlords problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

It would be a nice gesture yes but he is not obliged to do it. After all he won't pay out so that you can live there without getting electocuted so what makes you think he will fork out for keys?
    Take photos of the flat and report that glorified slumlord to Threshold immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sarahhurray

why don't you move? The place sounds horrible.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Pay for the keys, and them claim rental relief from Revenue, thats worth more than 35e.

Advertisement