Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Channel seeking interviewee

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

City Channel Television will be talking to the National Consumer Agency to get tips and advice on what to be aware of when buying an apartment. This topic will run in our Property View programme over the course of a month.

People may not be aware that buying an apartment is completely different to buying a house. You do not own an apartment outright - you merely have a long lease on an apartment and that lease commits you to obligations.

In some instinces the apartment owners ARE the property management company. There can be a lack of information about service charges. There are issues around who is responsible to pay the shortfall in service charges if the entire development does not sell. There are many issues surrounding apartment buying which will be getting advice on.

City Channel is seeking an interviewee to come on board with this topic to tell their personal story. We need someone in the Dublin City area. The interview will take 60-90 minutes and we will come out to your home to do the interview. If you or someone you know might be interested in telling us your experience please contact me.

Thank you,
    Olive Geoghegan
    City Channel Production.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

You might be better posting this in the Accomadation forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 City Channel

Hi,

Maybe you are right but I didnt see Accomodation when I went through the list of Forums. Do you know where it is? Is it a sub heading under naother forum?

Olive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

I assume you cleared this with the admins / mods of the forums yeah? it's a little rude if you don't :)

use the report post button (the exclamation point in the red triangle) for your first post above and ask for it to be moved, don't start another thread in accom.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You should PM the forum mod after getting permission from the site admins. :)

To be honest guys I am brand new to the Boards experience and not really sure what the story is. I didnt realise I needed clearance to put up a thread. Hope I havnt offended anyone with my lack of Boards etiquette. What do I need to click to get clearance? And how do I redirect the thread to the accomodation section?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Ahh I figured out the red triangle and have sent them a report to make sure I can leave the thread up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

don't worry, we were all noobs once :)

. We're not saying this to give out to you, just to help you. Have a look in the different forums, you'll find a charter. That's a list of the rules that apply to that forum. The Accom one is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52883

The Moderators of the accom forum are Victor, smccarrick and oscarBravo, you should send them a PM to make sure it's ok to request help. I'm sure it is, but I'm also sure you can understand why you should check with mods first.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

One of us mods (look bottom right of the page) will be glad to move it, once you get the green light.

dudara

Advertisement