Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bob Paisley Cup (5 a side Tournament)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

how much is this DUB13?wat are the rules? many teams so far?

we will have 1 team anyway, ,possibly 2.

thing is though, if we had 2, we could loose quality??

thoughts please lads? everybody still in? i was talking to art and dan today and we defo playing, so that is 3. maybe des, if we get 10, pick 2 teams. we dont need subs in 5 a side ffs, unless the rules states we do?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

*Team to consist of a minimum of 5 players plus subs
    *There will be a round robin group stage followed by knockout semi-finals and final. Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches.
    *Anyone who wants to take part but cannot put a full team together we still want you to put your name down and we can organise you into teams
    *This is not restricted to members you can ask mates to take part we want to raise as much as we can.
    *The cost to enter will be €20 per Player
    *All monies must be paid in advance.
    *When applying please send details of the team consisting of names of other players and how many
    *If you have no team and you want us to organise you into a team please state clearly that you have no team
    *Entry & payments must be in before Friday 11th April that means it has to reach our account on this date.
    *General 5 aside rules will apply
    *Please give your team a name

We have about 15 teams in so far.

Dub13 wrote: »
    *Please give your team a name

with pleasure!!!!!!

lads, can i pick it, please, please please please!!!!

i have several good names to fit the day, i promise, ill be good!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The team is called Boardeaux.

Nothing else.

We'll be wearing Boardeaux shirts, we'll be representing Boardeaux, we ARE Boardeaux.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

still....let's hear them Ed....we might need them if we have a second team after all ;)

Is there a time and place for this thing yet?

Is there a time and place for this thing yet?

Venue Astro Park Tallaght
    Date 26th April
    Times to be confirmed once we have teams finalized,we just got news from Astro park today that we can have 4 pitches for he group stages and two pitches after that.So that should make things move along,I will get back to you when we have a start time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Now now Des me auld flower, ill have a few words with you regarding "alternative" names for the day

dub 13, put us down for a team, boardeaux we are called!!!!

we will confirm over the next few days. we maybe missing a few very good players, so we may not be as strong as we could be.

so lads, will we go with 8 players, 1 team or go with 2 5's?

me
    art
    dan
    jules
    shay
    mike
    simon
    another? martin, are you in?????

jules, maybe ask kenny or gav to play if we go with 10 players.? or what about dave?

I will put you down as one team for now,if you think you can get two teams let me no asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Count me in too.

We are going to try and get all teams registered for this in the next week,so somebody is going to have to volunteer as your manager/captain and get the ball moving.

Bump.

Are you guys still up for this...?

Yeah, we're still in.

You want money or now, or do you want us to pay on the day.

We have a match tomorrow, so I'll know on Wednesday if we are entering one or two teams.

Say one for now I suppose.

Ideally we would want payment before the day,I can get you the bank detail's if you want to pay it in that way.

A lot of people are asking about your team,I hope you are comfortable with the favorites tag...?

• Advertisement

A lot of people are asking about your team,I hope you are comfortable with the favorites tag...?

we will be far off the favourites. we will be missing one or 2 of our stronger players and some of us a far better at 11 than small pitch. but we should do ok. theres bound to be many very good teams in it. how many teams in total?

on a personal note, i hope to play in this, albeit in goals i think, can see myself being able to run properly for a long time yet. me and art can rotate.

At the last count I heard we had 90 players confirmed,not sure how many teams as all teams have between 5 and 8 players.

By next Saturday we hope to have the fixtures drawn with times so we can post it up for the lads to see and know what time they are playing and against who.So we need this boxed off ASAP.

BUMP again....so lads, who is in,

Ed
    Art
    Jules
    Simon
    Martin
    Dave
    Shay
    Geoff
    Larry

is that still the same? i think thats the first 8 names anyway that replied, i think geoff said he was interested also. i hope to play this tuesday, well some part anyway. so i should at least be fit to play in goals for this.

Des, can you pay from whats left over and then we can play back on Tuesday night?
    also, can u text these group please if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Dub13 have you got fixtures drawn up yet ?

• Advertisement

Dub13 have you got fixtures drawn up yet ?

Not yet,I am going to try to get this done asap.I can tell you that we have 5 pitches and the first games will be off at 10:30 with the last teams due to play there first game by 11:00.

Group A
    A - Terry Conlon team
    B - JC23 team
    C - Zenden Zagreb
    D - YWNA Irish Reds
    E - Ladbrokes FC

AvB (P1) 10:30 - 10:50
    CvD (P5) 10:30 - 10:50
    BvE (P5) 10:55 - 11:15
    AvD (P1) 11:20 - 11:40
    EvC (P3) 11:20 - 11:40
    DvB (P1) 11:45 - 12:05
    EvA (P5) 11:50 - 12:10
    BvC (P2) 12:10 - 12:30
    DvE (P1) 12:35 - 12:55
    AvC (P2) 12:35 - 12:55

Group B
    A - Rafa's Rejects
    B - Sons Of Shankly
    C - Gerrards Brylcream (IrishKop mod team)
    D - Darren & Shay team
    E - Kopirish team

AvB (P2) 10:30 - 10:50
    CvD (P4) 10:30 - 10:50
    BvE (P2) 10:55 - 11:15
    AvD (P2) 11:20 - 11:40
    EvC (P5) 11:20 - 11:40
    DvB (P2) 11:45 - 12:05
    EvA (P1) 12:10 - 12:30
    BvC (P5) 12:10 - 12:30
    DvE (P3) 12:35 - 12:55
    AvC (P4) 12:35 - 12:55

Group C
    A - Boards.ie team
    B - Homer1 team
    C - The Urchins
    D - Stamullenred team#

AvB (P3) 10:30 - 10:50
    CvD (P3) 10:55 - 11:15
    BvC (P4) 11:20 - 11:40
    DvA (P3) 11:45 - 12:05
    AvC (P3) 12:10 - 12:30
    BvD (P4) 12:10 - 12:30

Group D
    A - Kelly Jones team
    B - Cakes N Jelly team
    C - Sporting Club ISE
    D - James team aka Tommy Maschers

AvB (P1) 10:55 - 11:15
    CvD (P4) 10:55 - 11:15
    BvC (P4) 11:45 - 12:05
    DvA (P1) 12:10 - 12:30
    AvC (P5) 12:35 - 12:55
    BvD (P4) 12:55 - 13:15

Quater Finals
    1A V 2B 13:20 - 13:40 (P1)
    1B V 2A 13:20 - 13:40 (P2)
    1C V 2D 13:20 - 13:40 (P3)
    1D V 2C 13:20 - 13:40 (P4)

Semi Finals
    Winner quater-final 1 v winner quater-final 3 -> 13:45 - 14:05 (P1)
    Winner quater-final 2 v Winner quater-final 4 -> 13:45 - 14:05 (P2)

Third Place Shoot-Out
    Loser semi-final 1 v Loser semi-final 2 -> 14:05 - 14:20 (P1)

Final
    Winner semi-final 1 v Winner semi-final 2 -> 14:20 - 14:40 (P1)

By the way there will be a few beers after this in a pub close by thats why we want he whole thing finished up by 14:40 in time to head to the pub to watch the Brum game

Will there be a bookie there?

DesF wrote: »
    Will there be a bookie there?

You never know with Ladbrokes putting in a team.:)

Do you need my l33t refZ0r skillz?

Do you need my l33t refZ0r skillz?

I dont think so mate thanks for offering,we just went with the astro Refs.In fact this is our only cost witch is great.

We are using the astro rules so...

*5 Players with as many subs as you wish(as long as everyone is paid up)
    *Rolling subs - you can switch with team mates at any stage during the game you must let the ref know when you are doing it.
    *Keeper must stay in his area he cant come outside his Area
    *No sliding tackels
    *Ball must stay the same hight or lower as the hording around pitch(about chest hight)
    *must score inside the keepers area unless you shoot outside the area and it deflects in off a player from the other team it will be classed as a goal
    *one step when taking peno
    *One step away from ball when its a freekick
    *There is no offside rule

I dont think so mate thanks for offering,we just went with the astro Refs.In fact this is our only cost witch is great.
    Astro Refs? :eek::eek:

You can write us off then, they fooking hate us. :D:D

Astro Refs? :eek::eek:

You can write us off then, they fooking hate us. :D:D

Don't stat with the excuses already.:D

• Advertisement

We are using the astro rules so...

*must score inside the keepers area
    /QUOTE]

I hate that fúckin rule with a passion!

I hate that fúckin rule with a passion!
    Er....why?

You never score anyway. :pac::D

Er....why?

You never score anyway. :pac::D

cúnt :cool:

What sort of stupid ass rule is that?? Must score inside. Ridiculous. No goals from half way maybe

*Ball must stay the same hight or lower as the hording around pitch(about chest hight)
    *must score inside the keepers area unless you shoot outside the area and it deflects in off a player from the other team it will be classed as a goal

What's the logic for those rules, they're pretty much the gayest rules I've ever heard. I know the Astro 5-a-side league use them but I've never figured out the reason and that's why I've never played those leagues.

I understand no shooting outside the box when you've got 4 on 4 or one team has an extra man, but if it's 5 on 5 and a fella manages to pick out the top corner from the half way I say fair f*ckin play to him and he shoud be getting Goal of the Tournament, not a free against him.

I like my football nice and hetro so if you're going with those rules, count me out.

I will see what I can do about the rules.

The height rule is there for player safety. ie, to prevent players going in shoulder charging someone in the guise of trying to win a header at the boards. But the goal rule is pointless

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    The height rule is there for player safety. ie, to prevent players going in shoulder charging someone in the guise of trying to win a header at the boards. But the goal rule is pointless

I was thinking that would be the case with the height rule,but the goal rule we may be able to change.We are using the astro refs so we will have a chat with them on the day.

I was thinking that would be the case with the height rule,but the goal rule we may be able to change.We are using the astro refs so we will have a chat with them on the day.

me, art and dan played in their 5 a side league in tallaght last year and lost the final. the refs are different (this is astro park, as opposed to astro.ie) and are very hometown. they seem to give everything to their buddies who happened to beat us in the final. the rules are rasonable and ul get used to them. to be honest, thats the standard 5 a side rules, the high ball defo needs to stay. however, the scoring inside the box rule is open for discussion. i think its dangerous to have such a closed goal scoring area close to the keeper.

• Advertisement

We are using the astro refs so we will have a chat with them on the day.

Would assume that if they will be working for you you can just tell them how you want it reffed?

Lads, just got some news after tonight's game, one of my uncles died this afternoon. Massive Heart Attack.

One of his daughters lives in Amsterdam, and she's pregnant, so with a Post Mortem expected tomorrow, and waiting on her to get clearance to fly, the funeral looks like being on Friday or Saturday :(

If it's Friday, there'll be a rather large session, and I'll be in no state for this tournament on Saturday morning, if it's Saturday, well obviously I'll be at it

So, I think Geoff will be ok for bringing the gear either way, it'll be the old gear we're using for this.

If the removal isn't til Saturday evening with the funeral on Monday, then I'll be there, that's doubtful though, I think.

I'll keep yiz updated anyway

Very sorry to hear that Des. If you need a hand with the gear or anything I'll be coming from out that way. And don't worry about making this. More important things in life.

Very sorry to hear that Des. If you need a hand with the gear or anything I'll be coming from out that way. And don't worry about making this. More important things in life.

Yeh, second that, sorry to hear that Des and let this tournament be the least of your worries.

If you send me on the list of numbers for texting, I'll sort this one out, and might use the list for training the week after.

Are you playing Sat Jules?

Yeh, second that, sorry to hear that Des and let this tournament be the least of your worries.

If you send me on the list of numbers for texting, I'll sort this one out, and might use the list for training the week after.
    Yeah thanks lads.

Jules, I'll get numbers and stuff for you tomorrow.

Martin, I'm 75% certain Geoff is going to this, so he'll be driving. Maybe you could even scab a lift.

He only arrived back from a trip this evening, so I'll more than likely see him tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Sad news Des, pass on my condolances to the family. sorry to hear this. Dont worry bout Boards, we are big enough to look after ourselves.

Yeh Des, if you're talking to him ask him could he give me a lift. No worries if he cant. And don't worry too much about organising anything. Give Jules the numbers.

Sorry to hear that Des.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

very sorry to hear that Des. May he rest in peace.

You might want to change that rule Dub13, we wouldnt want to see everyone crowded in the box together at once...you saw what happened when scousers try that last night!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement