Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Scirocco at Geneva!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like it! In fact I like it a lot more than the Iroc concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

It looks kind of generic to my eyes, if you took off the VW badges it could come from almost any manufacturer. No real spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Looks brera-esque to me- very italian in general. Me likey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Very Audi a3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Kinda Astra sportish......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

To be fair the centre console is straight out of the A3 but there are worse things than an audi interior!

I think that they could have used some flair on the interior. Something retro, Fiat were able to do it with the 500 after all.

Outside i think it looks great tho, low and lean, like the original one and the corrado.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I woudl havd sid a Golf-Bravo-Alfa-Astra mish-mash.
    still alright looking, nothing special though.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not happy with it at all, it looks very like a fiat to me.
    ugghhh.
    the concept was lovely..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

like it a lot, would love to know release dates and prices for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Meh, it's ok. I preferred the concept version, and would still prefer a Golf R32 to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

reliant%202.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Loved the old scirocco...this looks like the bastard child of a Citroen C4 coupé and a golf...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I like it. The front is very Volvo/Lancer-esque I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭(CH3)2CHOH

Looks like a poor copy of the Bravo.

Or really a Bravo with a Galant front end and a 147 rear.

Interior is way too sober, needs some flair

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

copacetic wrote: »
    not happy with it at all, it looks very like a fiat to me.
    ugghhh.
    the concept was lovely..

+1. It does look very like a Fiat actually. Wouldn't be at all keen on it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I do like it but I think I'd have the Abarth 500 first, its just a bit too boring.

You could probably afford a decent mk1 scirocco with the price difference anyway, Best of both worlds :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭alias no.9

antodeco wrote: »
    I like it. The front is very Volvo/Lancer-esque I think

Front end looks all Toyota Sera to me

759px-Toyota-Sera.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Meh doesn't do anything for me....maybe it'll grow on me. From some angles it looks okay I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Rear end looks like a Renault Vel Satis:

renault_vel_satis_07.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Any guesses at Irish price and engine range.

Guessing they'll have the 1.4 TSI and the 2.0 Turbo from the GTI ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Seat Leon with aftermarket front and rear lights tbh. Are VAG trying to brainwash us into liking that shape? Toledo, Altea, Leon and now Scirocco!

Interior looks like a 10 year old design.

No doubt it will sell though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Looks like the boot only opens above the bumper ?

Either that or it follows the body panels down to the wheel arches. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Bloody hell...a VW I actually like:eek:

Looks quite masculine in comparison to other small coupes (hopefully won't become a bimbo/himbo wagon like, for example, the Hyundai Coupe). I like the fact it look like a Reliant Scimitar - makes it distinctive with the bonus of added practicality.

I'd consider buying one of these...I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Niall1234 wrote: »
    Any guesses at Irish price and engine range.

Guessing they'll have the 1.4 TSI and the 2.0 Turbo from the GTI ?

There will also be a 2.0 170 bhp TDI available too(presumably the common rail one that's just gone into the Audi TT).

Pricing is hard to know until such time as we have CO2 data and know how they're pricing it in countries like Germany where there's no VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm a VW fan, but I don't think I like it - it just doesn't look VW (ok - the inside does).

Maybe it will grow on me in time, but for now I'll give it a reluctant thumbs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

E92 wrote: »
    There will also be a 2.0 170 bhp TDI available too(presumably the common rail one that's just gone into the Audi TT).

Pricing is hard to know until such time as we have CO2 data and know how they're pricing it in countries like Germany where there's no VRT.

online translation of the VW german site:

Breath-robbing curves, ungezuegeltes temper and a concise face. Experience with the new Scirocco the beginning of a modern Sportcoupé era. Personality The Scirocco stands flat and broadly ducked on the road. Jump-ready and achievement-hungry. The charismatische front portion presents self-confidently new Volkswagens the face. The strong tail with broad shoulders produces its drive strength. Also the interior has a clear message: with sportiv interpreted seats also for the passengers in the rear the Scirocco is not any Sportcoupé, it is the Sportcoupé of Volkswagens. Temper exciting Design is important for a Volkswagen Sportcoupé, but not everything.

Therefore four strong aggregates stand as for example the 2,0l TSI 147kW (200PS) for the Scirocco (fuel consumption: 7.7 l/100km; CO2-Emission: 181g/km) * and the 1,4l TSI 118 KW (160PS) (fuel consumption: 6.2 l/100km; CO2-Emission: 148g/km) * to the selection. The optional 6-Gang-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe DSG (for 147 KW) and the recent transmission innovation of Volkswagens guarantees additional driving fun by maximum achievement yield, reduced consumption and shifting processes without traction power interruption: the likewise optionally available 7-Gang-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe DSG (for 118 KW). * The fuel consumption and the CO2-Emissionen of a vehicle depend not only on the efficient utilization of the fuel by the vehicle, but also by the handling and other non-technical factors are affected. CO2 is for the ground electrode warming mainly the responsible person greenhouse gas.

The indicated values were determined after the prescribed measuring procedures (RL 80/1268/EWG in the at present valid version). The data refer not to an individual vehicle and are not a not component of the offer, but serve alone comparison purposes between the different motor vehicle types. Information to the official fuel consumption and the official specific CO2-Emissionen of new passenger cars can be taken from the "manual over the fuel consumption and the CO2-Emissionen of new passenger cars", at all sales offices and with the DAT German automobile trust GmbH, Helmuth Hirth road 1, D-73760 Ostfildern are free of charge available.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It looks kind of generic to my eyes, if you took off the VW badges it could come from almost any manufacturer. No real spark.

Exactly my first impression. Doesn't really do it for me, especially not the rear end of the sides

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

milltown wrote: »
    Seat Leon with aftermarket front and rear lights tbh. Are VAG trying to brainwash us into liking that shape? Toledo, Altea, Leon and now Scirocco!

Interior looks like a 10 year old design.

No doubt it will sell though.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Its no Corrado. I thought it was going to look like this:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

it looks like the new KIA PROCEED!

Advertisement