Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Scirocco at Geneva!

Options
2»

Comments

HJL wrote: »
    Its no Corrado. I thought it was going to look like this:

that's what I was hoping too - I think that those photos were just computer generated mock-ups by a German Auto Mag. it says Fiat Bravo to me - except less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'm liking the look of these I gotta say! Anyone have any ideas of how they will be priced? And what will be the engine ranges, etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'd say it will be about golf GTI price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Volvo C30 in places?!
    I think that the fact that so many of us think that I looks like so many other cars probably means that all cars are starting to look the same these days not really a good thing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

Like the look of the new scirroco myself, id say theyll be a big seller in Ireland. I reckon they'll be as numerous as the Golf GTI and GT are now on Irish roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

the car itself looks like , the new 172 sport clio from the side, the new lancer/audis upfront and a megane at the back... nice mixture but has ruined the scirocco name

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_2235.shtml

Pretty good link with some good info/pics. Might start saving for the 1.4 160 hp 7 speed DSG version! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Just thought I'd bump this thread back up....

I believe this car is in the showrooms & available in the UK.

Does anyone have any info about the Irish launch. As far as I can tell, the 2.0 GT Sport will be launched first.

I've emailed VW ireland about prices, etc and have gotten no response :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Saw a red demo model in Portadown on Saturday. Looked very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Just thought I'd bump this thread back up....

I believe this car is in the showrooms & available in the UK.

Does anyone have any info about the Irish launch. As far as I can tell, the 2.0 GT Sport will be launched first.

I've emailed VW ireland about prices, etc and have gotten no response :-(

Dare you to quote the price here!!:D:D35k for the 2.0 tfsi version.I suspect not.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Dare you to quote the price here!!:D:D35k for the 2.0 tfsi version.I suspect not.....

€35k is a very impressive price when you consider that the Golf GTI 3 door (which is in the same VRT bracket as this car) costs €140 more.

Shame VW isn't fitting climate control as standard though, I think it's a bit rich to splash out €35k on a glamour hatchback and then to be asked to pay for climate control on top of that, but still, only €35k is very, very good all things considered...

Of course nobody will buy that one here, the TDI 170 is the only hope for resale value while still getting plenty of oomph.

There's also a TDI with 140 bhp, but I think that is best left undiscussed.

Wonder how the 1.4 petrol will get on with the whole CO2 thing, hopefully it'll get close to the diesels, but then again I'd have concerns about the reliability of a 1.4 with 160 bhp, especially as the NA 1.4 on which it is based with as little as 75 bhp has serious problems, so I don't know about that one either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

For the very first time on boards , I'm going to admit to admiring a modern VW and the write ups it gets on ride and handling are great. Its a pity about that interior though. It could have come from any VW group car and would definitly turn me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Zonda999 wrote: »

Ya plus the cost of shipping, wheels, paint, windows etc. etc. and i'm sure your up on 40K odd...

Looks the business from the front, not very fond of the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

i think its a beautiful car inside and out,heres a few pics i picked up while in germany.unfortunately though it will be the car of choice for the mini cooper brigade and i will probably end up resenting it,in the same way you end up resenting a song you love when you think it might be a good idea to set it as your alarm clock wake up tune!!!

22082008345ww1.jpg
    22082008350cn8.jpg
    22082008351qv8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

When is the launch here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Looks like it's designed to appeal to people who like boring cars. Not really feeling it myself. Inside looks cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Clarkson's review:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article4741256.ece

He says that it costs only slightly more than a GTi has more power and less emissions (newer 2L Turbo engine) so I imagine most people will go for it instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Ferris wrote: »
    it costs only slightly more than a GTi has more power and less emissions (newer 2L Turbo engine) so I imagine most people will go for it instead.

Until the new GTi comes along with the same mechanicals for less money. I don't think it's different enough for anyone to pay extra for. I suppose they need to keep it from stealing sales from the TT, which is also a coupé with similar oily bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Zube wrote: »
    Until the new GTi comes along with the same mechanicals for less money. I don't think it's different enough for anyone to pay extra for. I suppose they need to keep it from stealing sales from the TT, which is also a coupé with similar oily bits.

I'm not convinced at all by the looks of the Scirocco... This is the new MK6 GTI, which I think looks much better!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsGallery.aspx?AR=235119&EL=-1&IM=192753

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I think it looks very plain :confused:

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I'm not convinced at all by the looks of the Scirocco... This is the new MK6 GTI, which I think looks much better!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsGallery.aspx?AR=235119&EL=-1&IM=192753

Now that is nice! Subtle improvements, but I really like the look of it. Especially the exhausts, gear stick and steering wheel. Might start saving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

When is the launch here?
    here already, up north anyway...
    20082008003.jpg

Fat arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

steve06 wrote: »
    here already, up north anyway...
    20082008003.jpg

Fat arse!
    Hey. I took that photo. I'd recognise those wipers anywhere. The lads on octane weren't too fond of the look of it. Someone called it a tuareg's calf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

yep, I took it from octane. it's horrible isn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

they have been in the Uk for a while too. Looks rotten from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

I like the front end but the back looks like something from Proton. As a reskinned GTI (like a Golf Coupe or something) it's Ok, but it just looks a bit of compromise as a car in its own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Saw my first one today in a dealer's forecourt.
    Very bland looking car tbh.
    Very Fiat Brava/Alfa 147.
    And the original was such a lovely looking car too..

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yep, seen a couple in the flesh now, they are just a slightly low 3 door hatchback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

it looks too much like an almera

• Advertisement
Advertisement