Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy in the city..

Options
  • 04-03-2008 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any one know of any comedy clubs or comedy nights in Limerick City?

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Surely someone could have a stab at this........(God i know that joke really stunk)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Dolans usually have comedy nights...PJ Gallagher is there on the 26th March.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

...PJ Gallagher is there on the 26th March.:)

no, he was looking for a comedy night. eh? oh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Agreed - PJ is one 'comic' I cannot stand. He is the sterotypical think irish man who isn't even funny with it

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

As mentoned above Dolans have comedy gigs.
    It is a sort of semi regular event, almost every month there is a gig on. These all seem to be organised by the Lisa Richards Agency. They have a website www.comedynight.com, this website covers the whole country but they will tell you about upcoming events in Limerick (often weeks before Dolans website is updated).

There is also the Schnitzel Comedy Club downstairs in the Precinct/Baker Place. This seems to be less regular but every now and again they pull in a pretty big name (like Andrew Maxwell and recently had Alun Cochrane).

Finally, there is a very irregular comedy club called the Comedy Den (i think) which has been on in Nestors downstairs and upstairs in Riddlers. But this comedy club may be gone as I have seen nothing from them in a while.

Oh, just thought of two more... check listings for LIT Miillenium Theatre they have had Jason Byrne twice in the last 18 months.
    Bigger act tend to go to UL Concert Hall, people like Tommy Tiernan and Both of the D'Unbeliveables and I think Lenny Henry played there not too long ago.

I think that is it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Sorry to double post but I have just seen that Billy Connelly is playing 3 nights in UL Concert Hall in May.

Tickets on sale on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

DBIreland wrote: »
    Sorry to double post but I have just seen that Billy Connelly is playing 3 nights in UL Concert Hall in May.

Tickets on sale on Monday

excellent!!! he's great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

aw brilliant.. do ye think it'll sell out fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

Harpy wrote: »
    aw brilliant.. do ye think it'll sell out fast?

Sold out already. Got my tickets for the friday night. Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Sold out already. Got my tickets for the friday night. Happy days :D

Yeah i got my tickets for the thursday decided there was no point taking a chance on missing out on tickets, so got up and booked them at nine i actually think i may be in the front row which would be sweet..i actually can't wait for it now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement