Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolan Pub - Dock road

Options
  • 04-03-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have tickets to a gig in Dolans & was wondering what it is like? I have walked past it a few times & it looks slightly dodgy!

Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Dolans in one of the best venues outside Dublin and in some ways is Limerick's best kept secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Hi,

I have tickets to a gig in Dolans & was wondering what it is like? I have walked past it a few times & it looks slightly dodgy!

Thanks,
    Tom

are u serious??? u walked pat it, and it looks dodgy??? the ones either side of it are alright....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Great venue, dont think ive ever had a bad night in there. If you're there early enough get some grub too, great food in there.
    Everything about the place is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Grand venue and grand pub also. Not dodgy in the slightest. Gets a good crowd every night, and has friendly barstaff and friendly restaurant staff too.

The outside looks a bit dusty at times, but seeing as it is on the side of a very busy road, that is to be expected.

What you see from the main road is Dolan's bar section, the music venue is called the Warehouse and is behind it, with the main entrance on Alphonsus Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 subnation

Great crowd, great staff. From Tach house DJ to Tribute bang - your gonna have a good time. Safe as houses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

dolans is the best in limerick great atmosphere great staff great people....you cant ask for more from a night out...

i was there a few weeks back and someone bumped into me...he actually said sorry...i couldnt believe it...im used to the " whaaa you lookin at" response from trinity and icon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

One of the best places in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Good venue.
    Greta spot for lunch:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Thanks! I will no longer be in fear on my life as I approach it!! Heard stories of a guy being shot in the pub beside it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Chances are the gig you're going to could be in the warehouse which is up around the corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

cooperguy wrote: »
    One of the best places in Limerick

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Chances are the gig you're going to could be in the warehouse which is up around the corner

The last few gigs I have been to in the warehouse you had to enter through the back of the main bar. I have not seen the Alphonsus street entrance open in a logn time. Could be wrong though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

h3000 wrote: »
    The last few gigs I have been to in the warehouse you had to enter through the back of the main bar. I have not seen the Alphonsus street entrance open in a logn time. Could be wrong though.

Funny coz all the gigs I've been to there its always been that door. how ironic lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dolan's is great! Lovely venue, lovely atmosphere. And even if you're not going to a gig the bar's a great place to go for a few quiet pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Great pub and venue(s). Have played there many's a time meself. I think you are being deceived by the clientele of ryans and ciaran carey's, both of which flank the entrance to dolans. But its no different from most pubs these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

The majority (if not all) of the people are there to enjoy whatever gig is on, not casue trouble.

I haven't eaten there but I've heard good things, going to Declan O'Rourke next month, would I need to book in advance? It's on a saturday night if that makes a difference.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's a great venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mclarensgirl

Dolans is a great spot, what gig are ya going to, if its upstairs in the warehouse its great, went to see BellX1 then and it was fantastic, its a great place for a gig. I always go to gigs and stuff there, an park up around there, never have any hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

didnt think much of the restaurant there, but the pub grub is fine. The venue upstairs is excellent for gigs. nice venue. warehouse can be hit and miss at times i think (soundwise). Upstairs is great though..
    u get a lot of "bogger nackers" going into the pub next door, dont let them put you off, they dont go into dolans...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi,

Thanks,
    Tom

have had manys a great night in Dolans being honest...used go there before hitting Mollys. but seriously though, the gigs they have upstairs there are fantastic...not a huge space by any stretch of the imagination but compact, personal and makes for a really enjoyable night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Never had a problem getting into Dolan's only problems getting out ;)

Great Management, Staff, Drink and Food!

Advertisement