Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Geneva: New Honda Accord

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I thought it was a facelift I was looking at. Looks good in white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Any Co2 figures for that diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Haven't seen any but its supposed to be very clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The diesel will be available for the first time with an auto box too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

And there will be a diesel with more power in the near future for it too(the same 180 bhp diesel will also go into the Civic Type-R as well, how are Hondamentalists going to live with a Type-R that only revs to what is it 4,500 rpm and no VTEC:D?). Apparently it is around 10% better on CO2 than before. Looks too similar to the old one really. After the Euro Civic it's such a disappointment, though buyers in this category like conservative designs.

Unlikely to be any better value for money, since Honda are trying to move the car more upmarket(again).

Are Honda going to bring over Acura to Europe at all(I suspect the answer is no since the Legend is badged as a Honda) to compete with Lexus and soon Infiniti?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

E92 wrote: »
    And there will be a diesel with more power in the near future for it too(the same 180 bhp diesel will also go into the Civic Type-R as well, how are Hondamentalists going to live with a Type-R that only revs to what is it 4,500 rpm and no VTEC:D?). Apparently it is around 10% better on CO2 than before. Looks too similar to the old one really. After the Euro Civic it's such a disappointment, though buyers in this category like conservative designs.

Unlikely to be any better value for money, since Honda are trying to move the car more upmarket(again).

Are Honda going to bring over Acura to Europe at all(I suspect the answer is no since the Legend is badged as a Honda) to compete with Lexus and soon Infiniti?

It was never going to be a ground breaking design like the Civic hatch, the segment the Accord is competing in is generally conservative when it comes to design. The old model sold well for Honda so it makes sense that they build on that rather than alienating their tradional customers in the hope that new customers take to it. You could end up with something nobody wants to buy. The Audi A4 is another example, it has the same basic shape evolving with each generation. If it ain't broke then don't try and fix it.

It's a pitty the Accord coupe isn't coming to Europe just for people who want a less conservative Accord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

E92 wrote: »
    Ironically Acura was the first luxury Japanese brand, and it looks like it will be the last to get out of the US. No plans to export it, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing... How big is the market in Europe for 3.7 litre luxury SUVs?

Back on topic, I like the "new" Accord. A bit more aggressive than the old one which is no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Hmm... not sold on the new Accord. It looks a bit like a Mazda 6 to me. When the current gen (03-08) came out, it really looked the part compared to others in its segment. But this current one doesn't look great. However, I'd like to see one in body-kit and 18" alloys - will probably do it then.

BTW JHMEG, I assume LD A,(HL) in your sig is a Z80 mnemonic for Load the Acculumator with the value at the address contained within HL (the 16 bit reg/acc)? Maybe I am just too long in this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

You assume correctly. You have learned well, Luke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Stephen wrote: »
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/218280/geneva_motor_show_2008.html

Photos of both saloon and estate. Looks quite similar to the old one, available with the same engines - except for the diesel which is replaced by the new 2.2 i-DTEC unit.

my honda contact was bang on the money re the auto diesel in 2009.
    that will be a nice match... wonder what the CO2 will be like on it in auto..

the new accord will need to have good big alloys on it for it to look good

there is some tweak being done to the 2.0 petrol too.. not sure what yet..

it looks like a civic on picture 3/5 :eek:

it seems slightly smaller than my current one.. is the new one being built in Japan?? i wonder.

its not that different than the current one, still has the ridge in the bonnet, and headlights very similar. same ole tinted windscreen too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

hello re new honda accord 2.2 deisel sport
    current price 38850,however due to vrt change in july drop to 34380.
    just seen auto express co2 figure on new honda deisel droppping from current figure of 148 down to around 135 .if this figure is correct the car should be moving from vrt band c to band b(20%vrt to 16%)
    what will be the new price in july.
    p.s.i used fellow member's E93 figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

sorry fellow member was not E93.it was E92.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

with nice tasty BIG wheels, its a nicer looking car than the new Mondeo - but thats just my opinion.

Advertisement