Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another MOSS2007 problem:WebForm_PostBackOptions is undefined

Options
  • 04-03-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am having problems creating a new web application on my Production server. I need to do this so that I can configure a content deployment path & job.

Clicking the "Ok" button results in no action because of a javascript error: 'WebForm_PostBackOptions' is undefined.

I have used Fiddler to monitor the HTTP traffic, and there are a number of HTTP 404 errors all referencing WebResource.axd

Another anomoly which I am experiencing is that the link in the Start Menu (Start->Microsoft Office Server->Sharepoint Central Admin) does not work, the default.aspx is not found which results in a HTTP404.

I'm thinking that these two issues are related around the setup in IIS. Would really appreciate any suggestions as my experience with Sharepoint is limited at best.

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Shot in the Dark but is IIS running the correct version of Asp.net?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Shot in the Dark but is IIS running the correct version of Asp.net?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I just checked there and it's running ASP.net 2.0.50727 so I would think that should be alright.

I found some websites saying to add the WebResource.axd as an exclude in the virtual server settings but I think that's only for moss 2003?

This server worked perfectly before, and I have no idea what could have caused the change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Is it a web part or web form??

Ginger wrote: »
    Is it a web part or web form??

It's the "Create a new web application" page in Sharepoint Central admin, so there's no custom coding or configuration.

This worked a while back when we were deploying the first web application, and I have no idea what could have caused this to change since then.

I'm pretty much clutching at straws at this stage. I've found other people who have experienced the same problem but none of them posted a solution if they found one.

The fact that this is Sharepoint Central Administration on the Live server makes it a lot harder to perform a reinstall etc

Hmmmm...

Just try something like flushing your cache on your browser.. strange i know, but could be corrupt JS file somewhere

• Advertisement

Ginger wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

Just try something like flushing your cache on your browser.. strange i know, but could be corrupt JS file somewhere

Hmmm is right! :(

The problem occurs in both IE7 and FF2.0, and through remote desktop connection to the live server. I tried doing it yesterday but not luck.

I'm using Fiddler to monitor the HTTP requests and it's getting a 404 when accessing looking for WebResource.axd. I tried using the URL it's using and sure enough, HTTP 404.

Anything in the event logs

POssible solution
    I tried a lot of the different options for fixing this which you can find on-line.

The only thing that finally fix this problem for me, was to uncheck the "Verify that file exists" check box for the Wildcard entry I had under IIS Properties for the site>Home directory>Configuration...>"Edit" on the entries for the wildcard entries>Uncheck the check box.

To me it does not make sense that wildcard would overrule the specific entry that states that AXD files should be loaded as such.. (stated in the Application extensions section above) But it seems to do so anyway.

This saved my day that is for sure!

Good luck out there!

And the same thing different way
    FIXED!

Don't do those workarounds. Fix it. Now you can, here's the solution. It's an IIS option.

On the aspnet_isapi.dll extension, specifically for the .axd extension, turn OFF option 'Verify that file exist'.

Once WebResource.axd is requested (or any .axd file) IIS will check if the file exists. Since it does not exist, IIS returns a 404.
    WebResource.axd is a new built-in HTTP handler in ASP.NET 2.0

• Advertisement
Advertisement