Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out of home for first time - studio apartment?

Options
  • 04-03-2008 3:22pm

I'm on the dole and must leave the parents home. I've checked daft.ie and there's a studio apartment available near me for only 100 Euro per week. Can anyone give me any advice on what to look out for re studio apartments? Do they come with a kitchen? Wikipedia says they come with a kitchenette usually. Should I ask about this first?

Are there any other good places to check other than daft? It's my first time moving out so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated ...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It's a fancy term for 'bedsit'. Sometimes there is a mezzanine level for the bedroom otherwise its all in the one room. The bathroom is separate of course. There would be a small kitchenette with a hob (maybe/maybe not a cooker), a sink, fridge and some worktop/storage.

It could be quite nice depending on cleverly it was designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A studio usually has everything you need. With a bed-sit, you may be sharing some bathroom or kitchen facilities.

In either case, you might not have laundry facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Starting out and presumably being short on cash, try and find a place with a communal washing machine in the house. Laundrettes get expensive, fast.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sarahhurray

would you consider a house share? more room + more company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

+1. being on the dole, and not at work, you will be in this tiny space by yourself 24,7.

• Advertisement
Advertisement